“Ahhh, Labor Day is upon us. Schools are back in full swing. We are reflecting on our summer vacations and travels. We are enjoying sports and the arts.” Well, that would have been remarks for a normal September — in a normal year. But as we know, nothing has been normal about 2020. The only constant is change.
Our thoughts go out to those who have persevered despite these challenges and those who continue to face adversity. Your PRSA family is here for you. They have always been there for me during the highs and lows. Please reach out if we can help support. We are truly all in this together.
September is Ethics Month, which is a reminder of the challenges we as public relations practitioners face and the responsibility we have every day with every decision we make. The PRSA Code of Ethics is a useful guide as we “carry out (our) ethical responsibilities, setting out principles that uphold core values, including advocacy, honesty, expertise, independence, loyalty and fairness.” Check out this newsletter for other articles and resources, including upcoming webinars.
Be sure to register for our virtual programs (some will begin 15 minutes early for networking opportunities). Programs include:
- Sept. 14, 4:00 p.m. – PRSA Needs You: Attend a Virtual Meeting About Getting More Involved. Help shape the direction of PRSA Orlando and learn more about chapter volunteer roles and how you can get the most out of your membership.
- Sept. 17, 8:15 a.m. (networking); 8:30 a.m. (program) – “Corporate Social Responsibility and Conservation: How SeaWorld Navigates Philanthropic Community Partnerships to Accomplish Its Mission,” featuring Michelle Brady-Palmer, corporate manager of external affairs for SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.
- Oct. 15, 8:15 a.m. (networking); 8:30 a.m. (program) – influencer marketing panel with foodie influencer Ricky Ly of @tastychomps, Jeanette Johnson of Wall Crawl Orlando and moderator Yadia Suarez of Izea. Thank you to program sponsor Orlando Health.
- November – details being confirmed
- December – annual PRSA Gives Back and a Member Mixer
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Rich Donley, APR
2020 President, PRSA Orlando Regional Chapter