District Conference (SunCon23) Scholarship
As a benefit to our valued members, PRSA Orlando is excited to offer a member scholarship to the 2023 PRSA Sunshine District Conference (SunCon23) in Miami, July 27 – 28.
About the Conference:
SunCon23, the PRSA Sunshine District’s annual conference, will be held July 27-28 in Miami at the Biscayne Bay Campus of Florida International University. This year’s theme is “Get Loud,” a chance to amplify the latest tools, trends, and ideas to inspire the professional pursuits of PR practitioners across the state.
The annual conference includes:
- Presentations from experts on various communications strategies and breakout sessions where you will learn new concepts that you can apply at work
- Networking opportunities with your peers from across the Sunshine State
- The Radiance Awards will honor the best work by Florida communicators in the previous year
- Keynote talks from nationally recognized professionals
- Quick Start volunteer training for current and prospective PRSA chapter and district leaders on July 27
- Radiance Luncheon at noon on July 28, featuring PRSA Chair Michelle Egan, APR, Fellow PRSA, as the keynote.
PRSA Miami and Greater Fort Lauderdale chapters are jointly hosting the event.
About the Scholarship:
In 2023, PRSA Orlando will award one Sunshine District Conference scholarship to cover the cost of registration and an additional $125 stipend towards hotel accommodations, mileage, meals, etc. The chapter will register and pay for the registration fee for the selected recipient. If for some reason the recipient is not able to attend the conference, the scholarship will be awarded to someone else.
The deadline to apply is Friday, June 16 and the selected recipient will be notified by the end of June. Questions? Contact VP of Membership Retention, Jazmyn Reed, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The recipient must be a current member of PRSA Orlando
- The recipient must have a financial need
- The recipient must volunteer with PRSA Orlando for a year on one of the following committees: Programs, Sponsorship, Membership or Communications
- The recipient must fulfill two of the following requirements during the conference:
- Promote his/her participation in the conference in real-time on popular social media channels, such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Write a conference recap article for PRSA Orlando’s chapter newsletter within 30 days of attending.
- Film and edit at least one video of the conference to cross-promote with PRSA Orlando during or within 30 days of the conference.
Frank R. Stansberry Scholarship
Since 2010, $19,500 has been awarded to 18 undergraduate public relations students. The application period is currently closed and scholarships will be awarded in the fall. Interested in giving to the student scholarship endowment? Visit https://foundation.ucf.edu/, direct your gift to Academics and under Area of Impact, type in PRSA Orlando/Frank R. Stansberry Endowed Scholarship Spending in the search funds option.
Organizations such as PRSA are very important because they offer a lot for students like me, such as workshops, networking events, and a place to gain real world experience through seasoned professionals in the local area. I believe that communication students and professionals can truly gain a lot through this organization.” – Candice Joseph, 2020 PRSA Orlando/Frank R. Stansberry scholarship recipient
PRSA ICON Scholarship
As a benefit to our valued members, PRSA Orlando is excited to offer a member scholarship towards the 2023 International PRSA Conference in Nashville, Tenn. from Oct. 16-17, 2023.
About the Conference:
At the PRSA International Conference, you’ll be able to choose from a wide range of programs spotlighting the latest in public relations and communications strategies and tactics. At the same time, you’ll enjoy opportunities to enhance your personal and professional network while connecting with some of the world’s most influential companies and organizations. You’ll meet communication and public relations colleagues along with over 150 industry experts from all career levels, sectors, work environments and industries during three days of practical insight and idea sharing! Click here for more information.
About the Scholarship:
PRSA Orlando will award an International Conference scholarship to cover the cost of registration. The Chapter will register and pay for the registration fee for the selected recipient. If for some reason the recipient is not able to attend the conference, the scholarship will be awarded to someone else.
This scholarship is currently closed.