Thanks to the generous support of our donors at the PRSA Gives Back Virtual Holiday Mixer, we were able to reinstate/renew four members! We have enough remaining in the PRSA Orlando Hardship Fund to renew/reinstate two additional members. We have reopened the application through Friday, February 12, 2021.
The PRSA Orlando Regional Chapter recognizes that some members of the PR and communications industry have experienced great hardships due to COVID-19. We believe it is important for people who may have experienced job loss or other hardships to have opportunities to still network and connect professionally.
All applicants and recipients will be kept confidential. Two Options to Apply:
- PRSA National offers a financial hardship plan for members who meet certain qualifications (a member of PRSA for a total of three or more years and is unemployed or temporarily disabled). This plan reduces your membership rate to $130 (from $260). PRSA Orlando Regional chapter dues are $50. If you qualify and wish to be considered for the PRSA Orlando Hardship Reinstatement Plan, please complete and send the PRSA National financial hardship plan form AND the PRSA Orlando Hardship Fund Application to Wendy J. Roundtree, APR by Friday, February 12.
- If you do not meet the National financial hardship plan qualifications, but your membership has lapsed and you cannot renew due to unemployment or budget cuts in response to COVID-19, complete the 2021 PRSA Orlando Hardship Fund Application and submit for consideration to Wendy J. Roundtree, APR by Friday, February 12.
To qualify for the PRSA Orlando Hardship Fund, you must:
- Be a previous PRSA Orlando Regional Chapter member for at least one year;
- Have dropped your membership from March 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020 or cannot afford to renew (if you are up for renewal in January or February 2021); and
- Demonstrate a hardship and financial need due to COVID-19.
Special consideration will be given to those who were active members of the Orlando chapter and who wish to volunteer for the chapter. The funds (national and chapter dues) will be dispersed to PRSA National directly from the Orlando Regional Chapter.
Qualified applicants should download the application form and submit completed form to Wendy J. Roundtree, APR, at email@example.com by Friday, February 12. Applications will be verified.Applications must be received no later than February 12 and will be reviewed independently by another chapter to determine allocation of the funds. You will be notified within two weeks of the decision.
Click here to download the 2021 PRSA Orlando Hardship Fund Application.