About the book:
In Killers of the Flower Moon, David Grann revisits a shocking series of crimes in which dozens of people were murdered in cold blood. Based on years of research and startling new evidence, the book is a masterpiece of narrative nonfiction, as each step in the investigation reveals a series of sinister secrets and reversals. But more than that, it is a searing indictment of the callousness and prejudice toward Native Americans that allowed the murderers to operate with impunity for so long. Killers of the Flower Moon is utterly compelling, but also emotionally devastating.
Source: DavidGrann.com, author website
About the author:
David Grann is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and an award-winning staff writer at The New Yorker magazine.
Grann is the author of Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI, which documented one of the most sinister crimes and racial injustices in American history. Described in the New York Times as a “riveting” work that will “sear your soul,” it was a finalist for the National Book Award and a winner of the Edgar Allen Poe Award for best true crime book. It was a #1 New York Times bestseller and named one of the best books of the year by the Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Entertainment Weekly, Time, and other publications. Amazon selected it as the single best book of the year.
The book has been adapted into a major motion picture directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Lily Gladstone, Robert De Niro, and Jesse Plemons, which will be released in the coming months. For middle schoolers, Grann has also released Killers of the Flower Moon: A Young Reader’s Edition, which the School Library Journal called as “imperative and enthralling as its parent text.”
Resources and reviews on Killers of the Flower Moon:
- About the book on Penguin Random House website
- Author website and other books by David Grann
- Let’s Get LITerary podcast: Killers of the Flower Moon
- New York Times: Book Club Pick “Killers of the Flower Moon”
- Killers of the Flower Moon: Discussion Guide
- Appreciate and learn about Native American culture by attending “Indigenous Tales” events hosted by the Orange County Library System.
- Attend the “Considering Indigenous Arts” event at the Orange County Regional History Center on November 19.
- Go to a movie and see “Killers of the Flower Moon” in theaters. Starring Lily Gladstone, Leonardo Dicaprio, and Robert De Niro.
- Check out the Arts & Culture site, “Indigenous Americas: Exploring a growing collection of Native arts and cultures.”
- Visit the Smithsonian’s National Museum of the American Indian virtually through Google’s Arts & Culture website!
- Visit Google’s Arts & Culture project website, “Women in Culture,” to learn more about how women have made extraordinary societal impacts.