Arguably one of the best perks of being a PRSA Orlando Chapter member is the opportunity to engage with and learn from other members across a vast array of industries. In addition to our monthly program, the Orlando Chapter also has member meetups on the first Friday of each month. In March, our meetup took place at Infusion Tea in College Park. Members shared their insight on how to march forward during a pandemic with communications strategies and best practices. Learning how to pivot over the past two years was unavoidable and crucial for everyone. Communication continues to be critical. The lessons learned are vast and will likely keep coming throughout 2022.
Below you’ll find some key takeaways and lessons learned shared by our members who were able to attend.
- Be more intentional and thoughtful in communication to express gratitude — especially reporters who are dealing with a whole host of things at once.
- Learn how to continue navigating social media as its role in PR is constantly changing.
- Be accepting of others. Some people have very strong feelings about masks and figuring out what is now socially acceptable is key.
- Everyone is much more aware and sensitive because of polarizing thoughts.
- Lead with kindness and move past transactional relationships with colleagues, peers and media contacts.
Be on the lookout for more information about the next meetup on our social media channels!