At Orange County Government, Florida we are proud to serve the public with integrity, honesty, fairness, and professionalism. We develop innovative policies and services that positively impact Central Florida and help shape the future of our community.
Celebrating nearly 40 years of success, the award-winning Orange County Convention Center https://www.occc.net (OCCC) is one of the largest convention facilities in the United States, and is owned and operated by Orange County Government. Located in the heart of the tourism district, the Center serves as the perfect event destination - attracting more than 200 events to the Central Florida region annually. By hosting regional, national and international conventions, meetings and trade shows, the convention center infuses the local economy with new money and expanding business opportunities. As a result, roughly 1.5 million attendees contribute approximately $3 billion to the area's annual economy. The OCCC is a leader in the events, trade shows and conventions industry and is known as The Center of Hospitality.
The Orange County Convention Center is seeking a full-time Web Designer. This role performs technical work involving the creation, editing, and enhancement of web content on the Orange County Convention Center Website. This is responsible technical work performed under limited supervision.
Representative Duties /Assignments:
- Solid understanding of web design including: HTML5, CSS, Dot Net Nuke (DNN) and related frameworks to optimize UI/UX experience
- Strong foundational design skills: Typography, layout, composition, color theory, iconography, UI/UX, motion/interaction design and branding
- Exceptional brand, visual, and interaction design skills and a depth of experience in web design research, including prototyping and implementation to full website and mobile testing and evaluation
- Uses web content management systems such as Dot Net Nuke (DNN) in order to edit/create pages and assist partner departments.
- Expert at Google Analytics data to drive traffic and experience with SEO
- Help create prototypes and wireframes to support the sales and marketing team in web project planning and other general technical needs
- Designs and coordinates production of a wide variety of materials which may include: digital/web/mobile, printed collateral and social media content among other material to inform and engage residents.
- Establishes procedures and develops protocols through various communication platforms to provide Orange County citizens access to information and services on the website.
- Provide assistance to divisions regarding publicity for programs, services, and polices. Works with media providers and internal divisions (ISS)
- May train and supervise technical work of others engaged in dissemination of information through various web communication platforms
- Create measurement/tracking strategies for products and set up analytics environments for reporting and metrics
- Deep knowledge of new technologies, including Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and apps, to meet business and communication needs
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator and other mockup and visual design tools to produce web style guides, wireframes and design elements
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Communications, Journalism or Web / Graphic Design with major coursework in Media, Marketing, Public Relations or closely related field and three years of experience in applying advanced skills in HTML, website design, WordPress, commercial or graphic arts.
May be required to possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver's License.
In addition to the above minimum requirements, preferred candidates will have experience with PowerPoint and content management systems including Dot Net Nuke, WordPress, and Oracle systems.
Apply here. Job ID: 28036