Vacation Innovations is seeking a highly organized and talented Sr. Social Media Manager to oversee and manage content strategy for our brands across multiple channels, sitting within the Social Media Marketing Department. The individual in this role will elevate our organic and paid social content strategies. They will leverage the data surrounding lead generation, acquisition closing, and organic/boosted engagement while raising brand awareness and fostering a community of travel lovers! Basically, you’re a gatekeeper to all things on the platforms.
This is a wide-reaching and wide-ranging position that will play a critical role in driving the growth of Vacation Innovation and its various brands. The manager will be a touchpoint to everything social.
As a member of our team, you will demonstrate strong ownership, strategic thinking, and maintain clear communication. Our social team is less “fast-paced” and more “calculated risk.” We are constantly changing our approach based on our analytics. The Sr. Social Media Manager will live in a creatively free environment. Once we discover our base for success, we’ll be looking to expand and try new things. The team is good people who value one another’s strengths. We succeed together and have fun doing it.
Ideal candidates must have a background in Facebook Business Manager with a focus on boosting organic content, paid targeting/retargeting campaigns, and pixel implementation. A deep understanding of analytics and landing pages is a plus. The willingness and ability to learn new things is a bigger plus.
Social Management & Strategy
- Create and manage content calendar with graphics team based on social media weekly creative brainstorms. A background in video and graphics OR the passion to learn more about it will be a helpful trait.
- Identify trends and new social media channels for the brand to leverage.
- Own definition of KPIs and measurement of social media efforts across both outbound and inbound initiatives.
- Maintains deep understanding of social media metrics and data analysis and ownership of data touchpoints
- Execute paid campaigns and A/B testing.
- Boosting organic content and daily monitoring on what “hits,” keeping a running list of successful posts and commonalities.
- Understand ROI reporting based on a large monthly budget.
- The ability to adapt and change current executions based on results.
- Stay abreast of the evolving social media landscape, including algorithmic changes, and be an advocate within the organization for a bold, on-brand social engagement program.
- Explore and identify emerging social networks and new ways to engage and reach targeted audiences.
- Any additional duties that may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Manage paid marketing campaigns across Facebook Ads (and other channels as we grow) with a focus on clicks, leads, and acquisitions.
- Manage spend to ensure we are within budget, but also reaching our target KPIs.
- Perform in-depth analysis into key metrics of paid acquisition campaigns and communicate performance and growth projections with the team.
- Optimize campaign structures and develop best practices for targeting strategies and reporting.
- Focus on the lead generation funnel to achieve lower cost, high closing leads.
- Explore and test new opportunities and growth strategies; measure A/B tests across paid campaigns and product launches.
- Activate, manage, and publish content on all brand social channels—as part of a dedicated content calendar aligned to brand priorities and business goals. Openness to post directly to platform without scheduling.
- Work with the team to conceptualize and create highly shareable original content for all our platforms.
- Openness to future travel to help create original social media catered content at highly sought-out travel destinations. Creative is “viral-thinking.”
- Develop brand awareness and generate inbound traffic by helping to develop strong content series’.
- Understands customer relations as it pertains to the travel industry.
- Be a diligent brand steward, ensuring that all content meets company standards and guidelines.
- Measure and report on analytics on a regular basis to make actionable and educated social content optimization decisions.
- Ability to create daily successes, weekly high-level stats, and monthly/quarterly breakdowns.= through PowerPoint Presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or a related field preferred.
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms, including their respective strengths and demographics (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.).
- 4+ years managing Facebook Ads. An expertise in Facebook Business Manager.
- Experience managing performance-based paid social advertising campaigns.
- Deep understanding of Facebook Pixels and how to utilize a captured audience when creating a campaign.
- Experience working within cross-functional marketing and creative teams
- Able to troubleshoot and think quickly and efficiently.
- Always bringing new ideas to the table and looking for the next big thing.
- A track record of personal accountability, initiative, adaptability, and a strong work ethic.
- Willingness to produce results on your own, and demonstrate by doing, in order to help the department reach its goals and help team members progress.
- Looking for work-life balance, but okay putting in hard work and extra hours when needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Influencer marketing strategy is a plus.
- A team player.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite applications. Proficiency in Photoshop, Premiere, and Illustrator is a plus.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus.
- Timeshare industry or travel industry experience a plus.