Would you enjoy developing talking points, columns and social media posting for executives? Are you passionate about partnering with media in the Central Florida region? Does collaborating with community and business partners to educate on health and wellness topics interest you? If so, read on and get ready to apply!
Come and grow your career with Enterprise Communication! GuideWell and its family of forward-thinking companies are focused on helping people and communities achieve better health and are at the forefront in the transformation of health care.
Florida Blue, a GuideWell Company, has been providing health insurance to residents of Florida for 75 years. Driven by its mission of helping people and communities achieve better health, the company serves more than five million health care members across the state. We are looking for exceptional people who will bring our mission to life and succeed by putting the member first.
Note: This is a hybrid role within our organization. The role will work between our Lake Mary (610 Crescent Executive Ct. Lake Mary, FL 32746) office and remotely. The selected candidate for this role must live within a commutable range of the Orlando area due to that nature of the work involved.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Develop and execute, and measure results of, communications which position the company as the leader in health care through strategic media relations, reputation management, issues management, proactive thought leadership and creative internal and external messaging. Utilize a variety of technology, tools and communications channels to leverage the company’s position and create influencing opportunities with key stakeholders.
- Develop and execute proactive plans, programs and results-oriented communications to ensure the unique voice of the organization in the marketplace through integration across the regions and with functional areas of the company (Sales, Product, Marketing, Service HR, Care, Government Relations, Corporate Social Responsibility, and others) to differentiate the company in the marketplace.
- Develop internal and external messaging and materials for the company and executives, including but not limited to news releases, articles, talking points, videos, presentations, scripts, social media content, etc.
- Manage and respond to issues and crises that present either opportunities or threats to the company's reputation; work regionally, across the company and externally on appropriate resolution and response.
- Develop and coordinate strategic opportunities, plans and messaging for assets, organizations and business leaders across the GuideWell enterprise, ensuring alignment to business goals; serve as a media liaison and spokesperson; represent the company at community events and with community partners
- Serve as strategic communications advocate and advisor both internally -- to regional president and other leaders throughout the company-- and externally. Engage with colleagues and partners, community organizations (universities, sports franchises, non-profits, chambers of commerce, etc.) as well as others, to design and deliver integrated and impactful communications.
- Align corporate and regional goals and opportunities that serve and meet the needs of diverse audiences; collaboration and through cohesive and thoughtful communication that differentiate the company.
- Support our hyperlocal strategy by serving as a critical link between the new local markets operating model and Enterprise Communications to strategically highlight our deep roots across Florida and leveraging strong community ties, networks and relationships to strengthen connectivity with members, providers, policymakers and communities.
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
What You Must Have:
6+ years related work experience to include media and public relations and strategic communication experience.
Related Bachelor's degree required
Additional Required Qualifications
Exceptional writing and editing skills.
Experience in the development and execution of communication strategies that are aligned with business goals.
Experience communicating effectively, through multiple channels and tactics, with targeted audiences and in multicultural environments.
Experience working with communication measurement methodologies, appropriate use of data assessments to monitor and analyze results.
Experience with consulting, negotiating and influencing management at all levels; exceptional collaboration skills.
Experience with effectively utilizing a mix of creative internal/external communications tactics, including social media, to achieve desired outcomes.
What We Would Prefer:
10+ years of media relations, public relations, and strategic communications experience.
Master’s degree Related field
Health care/insurance experience.
Experience supporting organizational transformation or significant change.
General Physical Demands
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects. Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.
Must be able to travel to multiple locations for work (i.e. travel to attend meetings, events, conferences). Frequently
We are an Equal Opportunity/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture for our employees and communities.
Learn more and apply online at here.