Orlando Repertory Theatre (“Orlando REP”), one of Central Florida’s oldest arts groups, is the State of Florida’s only professional Theatre for Young Audiences (TYA), and the seventh iteration of a company founded in 1926. Each year, we reach over 100,000 individuals in our three-theatre facility and in the community through our season of professional productions, a Youth Academy of camps and classes, and innovative educational and community engagement programming. We work closely with the University of Central Florida in many different capacities – most notably, hosting the Master of Fine Arts program in Theatre for Young Audiences.
We believe the work of theatre is fostering empathy and sharing stories representing many voices, including those voices that have been marginalized in contemporary America. To that end, we embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion on our staff (full time, part time, and seasonal) and our Board of Directors. We continuously strive to build and maintain a team that reflects and represents the diverse community we serve.
The Sr. Director of Marketing (full-time, year-round) is responsible for leading all aspects of marketing, public relations and publicity for Orlando REP. They will design, manage and execute marketing strategies throughout the season in relation to all Orlando REP programming and productions. The Sr. Director of Marketing is a member of the Senior Staff and reports directly to the Executive Director and Artistic Director.
Individual Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement a strategic marketing campaign to increase sales for and community knowledge of productions, events, education programs, and other special projects throughout the year.
- Create and manage the financial budget for the Marketing Department.
- Create and/or oversee graphic design for marketing communications materials as well as all signage within the theater complex.
- Writes and/or oversees and distributes all press releases for Orlando REP; maintain an updated media contacts list for press release distribution.
- Oversee the creation and execution of a marketing collateral calendar for all productions throughout the season.
- Oversee the Orlando Repertory Theatre website and all social media accounts.
- Generates and maintain close connections with the media for publicity opportunities.
- Serve as a member of Board Committees as needed.
Marketing Team Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain constant communication with organization Leadership as to the progress of all projects, and any challenges that may arise.
- Clearly communicate between many departments within Orlando REP so that all deadlines are understood and adhered to.
- Assist the Development office with campaign planning including the annual United Arts Collaborative Campaign and the End of Year campaign, as well as ensure proper credits for sponsors and/or donors in promotional materials including show programs.
- Attend planning meetings with Education team to understand programming, camps, classes and further projects.
- Attend networking events to strengthen Orlando REP’s relationship with local media.
- Represent Orlando REP at expos, festivals, and other community events.
- Continued education and training to keep a sharp knowledge of marketing trends, techniques, and new products to assist us in our work.
- Suggest new and innovative ways to accomplish our goals as they are discovered.
- Substantial experience within the marketing and communications field, experience managing show marketing production process is required.
- Experience with and/or creative eye toward graphic design to effectively communicate with designers, artists, and printers.
- Demonstrated experience with financial management and budget tracking.
- Proficient in design software such as Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator.
- Familiarity with WordPress and Mailchimp is preferred.
- Familiarity with project-management software such as Trello, Asana, or others.
- Familiarity with MAC operating systems.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, writing skills, and verbal communication.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Able to creatively problem solve when challenges are presented.
- Outgoing personality with strong networking skills desired.
- Bilingual candidates a plus, but not required.
Compensation and Benefits:
At Orlando REP, we work hard to provide competitive compensation and benefits to our employees. Our salaries are enhanced with valuable benefits, including health insurance, retirement plan with matching, and paid time off.
- Starting Salary: (Tier 2 – Sr. Director) $50,000 annually or $24.04 per hour
- Health Insurance Package
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time Off
- IRA Retirement plan – Orlando REP matches up to 3.5%
- Optional Short-term disability, Vision, Dental plans
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com with the subject line: Sr. Director of Marketing Application 2022 by August 8, 2022