SEMINOLE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related field.
- Two (2) years of professional work experience in marketing, public relations, and/or promotions.
- Production proficiency supported by portfolio.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of video and audio production equipment, operations, and software.
- Knowledge of social media principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability in developing marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated ability in developing creative concepts, messages, and visual appearances to achieve desired objectives and district branding.
- Ability to work independently and ensure assigned workforce achieves accurate and timely results.
- Ability to analyze assigned functions and to make recommendations for efficient and economical operation.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with all levels of the organization and the general public.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include nights and weekends on occasion.
- Knowledge of computer applications and technological equipment as related to specific job functions.
REPORTS TO: Communications Officer
SUPERVISES: Assigned Personnel
To promote Seminole County Public Schools and its many innovative programs in support of the District’s overall marketing/communications plan.
- *Coordinate the interaction with SCPS departments, schools, and partner agencies in developing marketing materials and programs to promote, educate, and inform citizens of District programs and services.
- *Coordinate special events and community outreach efforts.
- *Create marketing/communications plans for District departments and schools.
- *Develop and manage the District’s brand and creative strategy, establish standards to protect them, and oversee their implementation in all of the District’s mass communication.
- *Conduct market research to determine market requirements for existing and future services. 6. *Analyze customer research, current market conditions, and competitor information.
- *Assist with the planning, coordination, and execution of the District’s daily social media efforts.
- *Assist with the writing of press releases, fact sheets, articles, and e-newsletter development. 9. *Assist with media relations, issues management, and crisis communications.
- *Serve as a District liaison at both internal and external meetings.
- *Monitor, review, and report on all marketing activity and results to the Communications Officer.
- *Assist with digital photography efforts, as needed
- *Assist with scheduling student intern projects and assignments.
- *Provide training for teachers, media specialists, administrators, volunteers, etc., regarding quality-control, branding, and logo guidelines/standards of SCPS collateral materials.
- Perform other duties/tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position as assigned by the Communications Officer.
*Denotes essential job function/ADA
Standard Office Equipment, Digital Camera
Medium Work Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sitting Resting with the body supported by the buttocks or thighs. Standing Assuming an upright position on the feet particularly for sustained periods of time. Walking Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances. Finger Dexterity Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm. Talking Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed accurately, loudly or quickly. Hearing Acuity The ability to perceive speech and other environmental sounds at normal loudness levels. Visual Acuity The power to see at a level which allows reading of numbers and text, operation of equipment, inspection of machines, etc.
Indoors/Outdoors The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Pay Grade: AO-17-J: $43,871 - $73,834
District Salary Schedule:
- 12-months, Full-time
- Annual Days – 258
- Weekly Hours: 37.5
- Annual Hours: 1935
SCPS Educational Support Center
400 E. Lake Mary Blvd.
Sanford, FL 32773
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
TUESDAY, JANUARY 15, 2019
All interested candidates must apply online by visiting the SCPS website (www.SCPS.us)
Direct link to HR page: https://www.scps.k12.fl.us/district/departments/human-resources/how-to-apply.stml
Job is posted in the “Administrative” section of the job search.
Only applicants that have applied online through the SCPS HR Job Posting page will be considered.