The Social Media Manager (SMM) provides day-to-day oversight of the Social Media Department. They work directly with the Social Media Director on all accounts to ensure social media team is meeting and exceeding client needs.
The Social Media Manager (SMM) plays an important role in the day-to-day activities and strategies for all accounts and is involved in all direct client interactions. In this role, the Social Media Manager oversees social media campaigns including developing strategic campaign ideas, content creation and execution, monitoring and reporting. The Social Media Manager is responsible for the overall success of each account and brings the big ideas for every campaign. In addition, the SMM manages and assists Social Media Specialists, Social Media Senior Specialists, and Social Media Assistant Managers in the day-to-day management of the accounts, as needed.
- Advises clients on strategies for all social media platforms, competitive strategies and analysis as well as provides insight on updates and new platforms to further extend a client’s reach
- Meets with social media team on a regular basis to establish and assess progress towards both short and long terms goals for clients
- Proactively checks-in with the Social Media Director to provide updates on their accounts as well as feedback on team performance
- Proactively works with management on agency tasks as assigned
- Ensure the team updates the client case studies at least once a month
- Be the go-between between the media relations and social media teams to ensure we are communicating effectively and getting the best results on all campaigns
- Social media experience, passion, and or a strong understanding of social media channels
- Leadership experience
- Experience running boosted content and paid ads on social media
- Strong writing skills
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with strong multitasking and organization
- Proficiencies in basic graphic design, videography, video editing, or photography are a plus.