Join the PR team at SIX The Agency and step into the fast-pace world of agency life. In this internship, you will assist the director of public relations and the social media manager in planning and maintaining social media accounts for a wide range of local brands. We’re looking for someone who is open-minded, detailed-oriented, and exhibits a positive attitude. In addition, the ideal candidate has strong writing skills, experience with managing social media accounts, and a passion for content development.
You will draft posts, create reports, and track social media success, as well as have the opportunity to assist with other PR related activities such as media relations and event planning.
This is a for-credit only, in-person internship.
- Majoring in Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or Digital Media
- Passion for the digital world and content creation
- Strong written communication skills
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Prior experience in social media and photography is a plus
Hours per week: 16 – 20
- Create engaging and creative content for various clients across all social platforms
- Craft monthly social media calendars
- Manage and schedule social accounts on Hootsuite
- Create monthly social media reports to share with clients
- Track interactions on across social platforms
- Identify opportunities to build connections with other relevant social media accounts
- Research social media trends and information relevant to clients
- Support the PR team in event planning processes, when necessary, which includes but is not limited to: securing/researching vendors, working with the city during the permitting process, creating a schedule of events, and securing media at events.
- Assist the PR director and social media manager in creating media lists for traditional (print/TV/radio) and digital media
- Track media hits daily and record coverage in monthly clip reports
- Pitch unique and strategic story angles to the media
- Coordinate daily media requests alongside the PR team
- Draft press materials when necessary, including press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, etc.
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.