The Social Media Intern is a highly motivated, passionate, creative individual with a passion for building social communities, and wants to make an impact on the lives of honoring our defenders, veterans, first responders, their families, and those in need. The candidate is someone who seeks real-world experience with a highly respected non-profit organization designed to entertain, educate, inspire, strengthen, and build communities. This position has the responsibility of building and engaging our Central Florida community on a daily basis with the ultimate goal of converting fans into engaged supporters.
This position is responsible for executing a deliberate and intentional social media strategy that delivers results, with a focus on building and growing brand awareness and fostering a positive online reputation.
You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment as our launch event will take place in less than 90 days.
• Manages the company’s social media accounts and posts content.
• Plans content, working with management, including brainstorming campaign ideas.
• Monitor various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
• Analyzes analytics to gauge the success of campaigns.
• Understands the overall concept of the company, including the brand, customer, product goals, and all other aspects of service.
• Provide suggestions to management for improving customer experience on social platforms and internal processes.
• Monitors and moderates all social media communities using current social media tools.
• Monitors brand mentions and key topics and reacts accordingly.
• Assists in creating performance reports.
• Identifies and engages with key external influencers to increase brand advocacy.
• Conducts audience/consumer research related to the needs of the organization
• Undergraduate student (prefer 3rd or 4th year) in Marketing, Market Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field.
• Minimum one year of experience in a related field
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be a self-starter
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of social media platforms and monitoring tools; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
• Ability to create relevant, original, high-quality content (for all channels and ads)
• Strategies to build and nurture a community on an accelerated timeline
• Create a regular publishing schedule and promote content through social advertising.
• Leverage the right tools to manage your content.
• Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific and timely marketing campaigns based on an event launch date.
• Integrate all channels of marketing (social media, SEO, content marketing, email, print, digital marketing)
Experience – these are desired, not necessarily required for the right candidate
• social media: 1 year (Desired)
• office: 1 year (Desired)
• social media marketing: 1 year (Desired)
• digital marketing: 1 year (Desired)
• marketing: 1 year (Desired)
Job Type: Part-time
Contact Email: email@example.com