Company website: https://www.travelandleisureco.com/
Travel + Leisure Co. is the world’s leading membership and leisure travel company, with a portfolio of nearly 20 resort, travel club, and lifestyle travel brands. The company provides outstanding vacation experiences and travel inspiration to millions of owners, members, and subscribers every year through its products and services.
Bringing a broader perspective and new possibilities to the world of travel, Panorama is the world’s foremost membership travel business that includes the largest vacation exchange company, industry-leading travel technology, and membership travel brands as part of Travel + Leisure Co. Panorama’s brands include: RCI, 7Across (formerly DAE), Love Home Swap, the Registry Collection, @Work International, and Alliance Reservations Network (ARN). Each one is known for elevating the travel experience for our partners and their millions of members worldwide.
The Senior Specialist will be responsible for driving the day-to-day global media relations work of Panorama and its iconic brands, including: RCI, the worldwide leader in vacation exchange with 3.9 million members; Extra Holidays, providing condo vacation rentals; and Love Home Swap, one of the world’s largest home exchange membership programs. Reporting to the Senior Director, Brand Publicity and based out of Orlando, Florida, this role will focus on driving the day-to-day global media relations work of Panorama, including developing and implementing strategic public relations campaigns in both a consumer and B2B capacity. The ideal candidate will bring a strong media relations background, creative thinking, excellent writing ability, a history of seamless collaboration with outside PR agency partners, experience in managing press events and solid interpersonal skills that would enable them to flourish in a dynamic global corporate structure across multiple countries and cultures. Seated within the Brand department of Travel + Leisure Co., this role offers the chance to work alongside a passionate team to elevate the portfolio of travel brands within the entire Travel + Leisure Co. portfolio through creative and targeted public relations strategies designed to grab headlines and secure consistent earned media and positive publicity.
The role will also support PR efforts across the company’s other two business lines: Wyndham Destinations, the world’s largest vacation ownership company with four brands and 230 resort locations; and Travel + Leisure Group, offering travel products and services to consumers including online booking site BookTandL.com and subscription travel clubs. This position provides an up-and-coming PR pro (3-4 years experience) with the opportunity to learn and flourish within an in-house PR team for the world’s leading leisure travel company.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the strategic planning and management of publicity campaigns that build consumer and industry awareness of the value and benefits of the company’s membership travel offerings, driving an emotional brand connection at national, regional and or local levels. Secure strategic media placement assisting brand reputation and business growth goals, to include pitching media, working with external PR agency, arranging media stays and planning property-based media events. Monitor and report on media clips and provide analysis and results to internal clients. (30%)
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press and media community, building consumer and industry awareness. Secure strategic media placement assisting brand reputation and business goals. Support business initiatives by developing articles, press releases, pitches and blog posts that tell our brands’ stories creatively across multiple platforms. (20%)
- Manage daily PR work in support of brands including tracking industry news and media coverage, guiding approval processes, updating press materials, documenting success through results reports and utilizing online PR software programs. (20%)
- Together with Senior Director, develop the overall CSR communication efforts for coverall company. Foster relationships within various trade and industry outlets. (15%)
- Partner closely with members of the internal communications team, marketing, e-commerce, PR agency and other groups to support overall public relations efforts. Provide content for the social media teams as it relates to essential company business, product developments and initiatives defining the company story (10%)
- Perform other duties as needed (5%).
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required
Knowledge and skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills required
- Solid understanding of media relations and its impact on a business with experience in developing proactive and reactive messaging campaigns; established media relationships in the lifestyle, travel & tourism sector preferred.
- Experience in securing earned media for established brands
- Superb communications skills and talent to tailor messages to specific constituencies
- Executive presence and the ability to represent the Company in any circumstance
- Ability to respond to rapidly changing conditions with agility and imagination, capitalizing on opportunities
- Knowledge of traditional and social media outlets and platforms, and experience developing targeted messaging strategies
- Creative approach and out-of-the-box thinking
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs as well as in social media channels and applications
- Functional knowledge of social media channels and applications
- Proficient with electronic press lists and media database programs (Muck Rack, Cision, Meltwater, etc)
Job experience (number of years, type/level of previous experience)
- 3-4+ years of related communications experience; journalism background and hospitality services industry experience desirable. Experience working at PR agency or at publicly traded companies preferred. Travel industry experience preferred.
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.