Curley & Pynn Public Relations Management – The Strategic Firm® – is an Orlando-based public relations agency founded in 1984 that provides strategic communications advice, counsel and total program management to tackle complex challenges for visionary leaders.
We are seeking a motivated senior public relations director who will help position our firm among existing and prospective clients as their essential public relations partner and an extension of their team.
This role is part strategy, part execution, requiring a unique blend of visionary and hands-on leadership. The senior public relations director is an essential member of the agency’s leadership team. They play a critical role in achieving our long-term business goals, ensuring the highest standards of client service, leading our client account teams to achieve award-worthy results, managing resources to ensure profitability, expanding the firm’s capabilities through staff professional development, helping win new business, and masterfully building and leading tailored public relations and marketing communications programs for key client accounts.
- Collaborate with agency leaders to set and achieve organizational goals in alignment with our shared vision for long-term business growth.
- Manage account teams, partnering with agency leaders on recruitment, hiring and performance evaluations.
- Impact business growth, seeking new business opportunities from current and prospective clients, and collaborating with agency leaders on proposals and pitch presentations.
- Serve as an ambassador, promoting the firm through attendance at networking and community events, board service, industry presentations and related activities.
Client Service Delivery
- Serve as a trusted client contact and team supervisor for key accounts, directing strategic communications programs from planning through execution and delivery of results, and ensuring the work is completed on time and on budget.
- Counsel all account teams and inspire creativity in the creation and implementation of strategic communications programs, budgeting and relationship management to ensure client satisfaction and encourage account growth.
- Oversee resource planning and management, including the allocation of full-time staff, contractors and vendors to ensure the seamless delivery of client service.
- Direct professional development programming to strengthen the team’s knowledge and skills, expand the firm’s capabilities and support the team’s career advancement.
- Research, implement and manage the agency-wide adoption of processes, technology and tools to increase team efficiency and achieve optimal results for our clients.
- 10 years of experience creating and managing strategic communications programs and budgets that achieve client objectives, including at least 5 years at a management level or above. Agency experience is highly preferred.
- Alignment with our core values: People First, Give a Shit, Hustle, Win as a Team, Commit to Candor.
- Familiarity with tools for project management (Asana, Harvest), media relations (Meltwater), marketing (MailChimp) and graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva).
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) industry credential preferred.
Benefits of Working at Curley & Pynn
- Hybrid Work Schedule: Work in the office Monday through Wednesday, with the option to work remotely Thursday and Friday. Curley & Pynn’s working hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. except Fridays, when we log off at 3 p.m.
- Paid Time Off: Start with 15 days of vacation time, with more days added after five and 10 years of employment, as well as paid time off the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Schedule Flexibility: Enjoy flexibility for personal appointments, such as doctor and dentist visits.
- Health & Wellness: Everyone receives five wellness days annually and may also choose to enroll in our paid medical insurance plan.
- Retirement Savings: Join our 401(k) retirement savings program after one year of employment.
- Professional Development: Invest in your professional growth with company-sponsored association membership and meeting attendance.
- Familial Environment: Belong to a small team that works to live vs. lives to work, creates opportunities for fun in the office and respects your time off.
Apply for the role here.