OUC – The Reliable One, an industry leader as the second largest municipal utility in Florida, is looking for qualified individuals to be part of our growing team. Our mission is to provide exceptional value to our customers and community through the delivery of sustainable and reliable services and solutions. We are looking for self-motivated, creative professionals to support achieving our vision of being an innovative solutions leader and the partner of choice.
We are seeking to hire a Sr Marketing and Communications Coordinator in the Corporate Communications Business Unit of the Marketing and New Product Division. Bring your five (5) years of experience I marketing, advertising and/or creative development and your project management experience to OUC. (Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both English and Spanish is highly preferred.)
Develop and facilitate internal and external marketing and communications projects and plan for the Corporate Communications Business Unit of the Marketing and New Product Division. Through project management, creative development, qualitative research, data analysis and quality control, ensure that OUC marketing efforts are effective, kept on schedule and adhere to OUC’s corporate standards.
- Develop and coordinate OUC marketing initiatives across marketing channels; translate marketing strategies and insights into executable plans and messaging across appropriate channels, to include traditional and digital media, social media, events, OUC websites/microsites and customer experience touch points;
- Develop and manage marketing projects; produce various traditional and digital marketing projects, including advertising campaigns, OUC collateral, bill inserts, brochures, newsletters and multimedia projects; facilitate development, design and fulfillment of projects with OUC Creative Services, out-of-house vendors, community partners and not-for-profit agencies;
- Conduct OUC advertising and media buys; work with vendors and agencies to ensure the best possible return on OUC’s advertising budget through prudent media and advertising buys;
- Provide creative direction and project support for photo shoots and video/audio production projects;
- Facilitate customer research; conduct and evaluate marketing research on OUC’s behalf, including surveys, focus groups and follow-up data analysis; create recommended courses of action based on the data analysis;
- Manage area budget; oversee billing and accounts payable for the Marketing and Communications area;
- Complete projects using a variety of graphic design, desktop publishing and multimedia design software packages;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business, or a related field of study from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in marketing, advertising, or creative development to include:
- Minimum of two (2) years managing projects and/or teams or leadership training through hands-on experience
Working knowledge of all, but not limited to, the following:
- Marketing and Advertising Fundamentals
- Project Management
- Creative Development
- Charts, Diagrams, Informational graphics/reports;
- Software Application (i.e. JDEdwards EnterpriseOne (E1), Customer Care & Billing (CC&B), graphic design and desktop publishing packages [Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Macromedia Director]);
Familiarity with all, but not limited to, the following:
- Related industry, organizational and departmental policies, practices and procedures; legal guidelines, ordinances and laws;
- Demonstrate strong project management, planning and organizing skills with an attention to detail;
- Execute quantitative and/or data analysis activities;
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with peers, vendors, graphic service bureaus and advertising agencies;
- Demonstrate good listening skills and communicate clearly and concisely;
- Develop creative solutions to challenging problems, generate fresh ideas and exhibit a high level of initiative; gather and provide data in advance of need;
- Work well under pressure, manage multiple priorities effectively and adapt to changes quickly, while meeting strict deadlines;
- Make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals, and compute rates, ratios, and percentages;
- Use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and standard office equipment (telephone, computer, copier, etc.).
OUC–The Reliable One is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
OUC Offers a competitive compensation & benefits package which includes paid medical program for employee, free life insurance, retirement benefits including a cash balance account with employer matching along with a health reimbursement account, paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.