Tavistock Development is currently seeking a Senior Manager/Director of Communications.
Tavistock Development is a diversified real estate firm specializing in planning, design, finance, construction and development. We are best known for our development of the successful Lake Nona community.
- Act with integrity
- Are proactive and value results
- Are innovative
- Uphold our reputation and brand
- Play, as a team
- Embrace a dynamic environment
- Care for one another
If you identify with these characteristics, want to work with a growing company and are interested in a Senior Manager/Director of Communications position, please apply today. We offer great benefits, competitive salaries, an inspiring work environment and the latest employment practices.
The Senior Manager/Director of Communications is a seasoned communications leader with experience driving public/media relations, internal and external communications, executive communications, public affairs, corporate and brand reputation management, crisis communications, and management across a diverse business. The title (Senior Manager or Director) will be based on the level of experience of the candidate to whom we offer the position.
Tavistock’s growing portfolio of companies and projects is vast and includes Lake Nona, one of the fastest growing communities in the U.S, a growing hotel portfolio including the newly opened Wave Hotel in Lake Nona and the iconic Pier Sixty-Six resort in Fort Lauderdale, and Sunbridge, a new master-planned community in Central Florida with a focus on unparalleled living in real nature. The opportunities to learn and grow are tremendous, with hands-on experience across a variety of industry verticals and in numerous U.S. markets.
We are looking for an eager candidate who wants to lead and learn within an entrepreneurial, dynamic company. The ideal candidate would be eager to jump on board, tackle new tasks, take on new responsibilities, and problem-solve.
Essentials Job Functions:
- Analyze corporate objectives to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion while promoting the organization, the organizations brand and its initiatives.
- Drive media relations across the organization, all projects and initiatives.
- Serve as a supporting company spokesperson, pitch and respond to media requests, organize and manage press visits and develop and manage media resources.
- Build and drive both business-to-business and consumer communications strategy that aligns with key areas of opportunity and strategic plan.
- Proactively collaborate with leaders to identify campaigns and stories that effectively position and advances the projects and businesses and corporate reputation.
- Foster relationships with key external stakeholders including media, PIOs, community leaders and develop proactive, compelling stories and related content that promote, enhance, and protect the brand reputation.
- Track record of securing national and local coverage and experience working cross-functionally to execute strategic communication plans.
Public Affairs/Issues Management
- Oversee plans that protect and enhance the reputation of the organization, projects and initiatives.
- Proactively partner and collaborate with leadership to advance projects and initiatives, identify and mitigate issues and offer insights into trends and research.
- Member of the emergency operations team, participating in crisis and issues response and communication.
- Continue to develop and nurture relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Lead and continuously develop a team of talented professionals.
- Creation and oversight of department budget.
- Selection and management of third-party agencies.
- Measure effectiveness of programs and establish KPIs for programs to deliver impact to organization.
- Collaborate effectively and efficiently within and across departmental lines and consistent with the organization, projects and initiatives.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Lead internal communications planning alongside human resources to advance business goals and culture.
- Manage strategic executive engagement plans intended to drive the business narrative.
- Supports execution of executive communication strategies through external media and thought leadership.
- Serve as trusted advisor to leaders on communications strategy.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, or marketing or equivalent work experience, preferably with an emphasis in Corporate Communications and Issues Management.
- 10+ years’ experience in corporate communications, public relations, journalism or equivalent
- Proven ability to drive high-quality work product in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to partner across a multi-faceted organization, and take into account the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information into compelling, actionable insights
- Attention to detail, highly organized with creative instincts and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong presentation, writing/positioning and editing skills
- Excellent PC and Mac literacy; Internet and social media savvy with experience using Cision, SharePoint, Microsoft Office suite, SmartSheet, MailChimp, etc.
- Must be a self-starter, team player with a genuine enthusiasm for communications and public affairs
- Flexibility to attend occasional events during evening hours and weekends as necessary
- Flexibility to be responsive and work during evening hours and weekends as necessary
- Willingness to travel
- Must be physically able to do assigned work as outlined above
- Must be physically able to sit and use the computer for hours at a time
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.