Poston Communications LLC is a national media relations, crisis communications and content agency serving clients in highly regulated industries, including top law and accounting firms, commercial real estate brokers, B2B tech companies, financial services institutions and more.
As part of our continued growth strategy, we are seeking a Senior Account Executive with at least four to seven years of experience in traditional and digital media relations initiatives.
The position can be located in either our Atlanta or Orlando offices.
The Senior Account Executive understands our clients' work and business development goals and serves as a valued member of the account team, monitoring current events, proactive PR opportunities and ensuring quality of all communications.
The Senior Account Executive prepares proactive media pitches, press releases and other media relations documents on a daily basis and pitches stories to national and local media contacts by phone. He or she develops and nurtures relationships with reporters from national and local business and trade media outlets and tracks for media results and client placements.
Working with account managers and agency leadership to develop and execute media relations plans and client messaging strategies, the Senior Account Executive participates in client meetings and presentations with confidence and monitors the team’s progress and results.
Most importantly, the right candidate subscribes to our team philosophy of "we, us, our" when it comes to developing our culture of collaboration, leadership and success. He or she embodies our firm’s mission and values.
- Develops account strategies particular to each client in conjunction with the team.
- Proactively identifies news hooks and writes timely pitches through trends monitoring.
- Pitches by phone, email and other communications methods to journalists at local, national and trade publications.
- Drafts basic public relations materials, including news releases, pitches, media alerts, fact sheets, client meeting summaries, status reports and other materials.
- Identifies challenges that could affect project outcomes or client satisfaction, and works with the team leaders create resolution.
- Observes and may collaborate with senior staff to lead client meetings, media training sessions, presentations and brainstorming sessions, all to develop a basic understanding of our clients’ work.
- Builds and nurtures relationships with members of the media.
- Provides ongoing monitoring, tracking and reporting for secured media placements.
- Enthusiastically represents our firm through leadership in trade or industry organizations.
- Four to seven years of experience in a PR agency or in-house at a professional services firm. Strong preference will be given to candidates with law firm experience and / or Accreditation in Public Relations.
- Leadership experience in work, community or civic organizations. We are looking for individuals who demonstrate their ability to influence, and to lead others and themselves well.
- Proven ability to phone pitch journalists. Must be able to share specific and measurable examples of this during the interview process.
- Possess exceptional time management, as well as superior verbal and writing skills.
- Developed relationships with reporters at national print media outlets.
- Experience in managing multiple, high-profile accounts with daily pitching requirements.
- Committed to living in a constant state of improvement, with dedication to continuous learning through proactive engagement with colleagues, asking for feedback and implementing suggestions.
- Graduate and / or bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
Please apply with a cover letter, resume and two examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.