Curley & Pynn Public Relations Management – The Strategic Firm® – is an Orlando-based public relations agency founded in 1984 on the insights of top executives and decades of corporate communications experience.
We build and manage award-winning communications programs to shape perception, align with key stakeholders, and cultivate influence for leading brands in the industries driving Florida’s economic growth.
No matter what your role is at Curley & Pynn, you will collaborate with senior-level expert leaders in public relations, as well as C-level client partners who trust our advice and counsel. This translates into plentiful learning opportunities, more complex and exciting business challenges to tackle, and fulfilling assignments with the potential for significant industry and community impact.
Curley & Pynn is seeking a motivated public relations specialist who will support our mission to be essential partners with our clients, with a focus on associations, travel/tourism and utility industries, and others as assigned.
The public relations specialist plays a critical role on our client account teams, masterfully executing tailored public relations and marketing communications tactics. These self-starters apply our strategic approach to research, writing, media relations and monitoring, event coordination and more, working efficiently to achieve client objectives and maintain agency
profitability. The public relations specialist also supports account management activities unique to agency life, such as time and activity reports, meeting agendas and action-item summaries.
Anyone can be a leader, no matter where they are in our organization. While the public relations specialist is accountable to our public relations strategists and senior leadership team, Curley & Pynn fosters a culture where working relationships are centered on mutual growth. We strive for continuous improvement, which means all team members are expected to work autonomously, think critically, behave ethically and contribute original ideas.
Media & Influencer Relations
- Identify traditional and non-traditional media outlets appropriate for reaching the target audience and build comprehensive contact lists.
- Draft and distribute news releases, media alerts and pitches.
- Schedule interviews and prepare spokesperson talking points.
- Monitor and analyze media coverage, and develop client-facing campaign reports.
- Write copy for promotional and thought leadership programs, including social media, newsletters, blogs, speaking engagements and award entries.
- Brainstorm concepts for multimedia storytelling tools, such as videos and infographics, and direct creative execution.
- Manage guest lists and invitations, liaise with vendors and volunteers, and direct operational logistics for special events.
- Conduct research and develop concise reports on topics of interest to our account teams and clients.
- Represent Curley & Pynn at community and professional association events.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Two or more years of professional experience in a full-time public relations or relevant communications role.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism or a related field.
- Experience writing in the Associated Press (AP) Style for various mediums, including media materials, social media and blogs.
- Understanding of the news media and what makes a story newsworthy.
- Ability to work respectfully with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to meet deadlines by prioritizing and performing multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Accuracy in the execution of detail-oriented tasks.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Full-time experience at a public relations agency.
- Understanding of potential client industries, including associations, travel/tourism and utilities.
- Experience securing quality media coverage and building relationships with journalists.
- Confidence to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with high-level executives.
- Certificate in Principles of Public Relations.
- Familiarity with tools for project management (Asana, Harvest), media relations (Cision), marketing (MailChimp), and/or graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva).
- History of student or professional membership in the Public Relations Society of America, Florida Public Relations Association or similar professional associations.
- History of community volunteering, including board or committee leadership roles.
Benefits of Working at Curley & Pynn
- Hybrid Work Schedule: Work in the office Monday-Wednesday, with the option to work remotely on Thursday and Friday. Plus, log off on Fridays at 3 p.m.
- Paid Time Off: Start with 15 days of vacation time, with more days added after five and 10 years of employment.
- Schedule Flexibility: Enjoy flexibility for personal appointments, such as doctor and dentist visits.
- Health & Wellness: Everyone receives five wellness days annually and may also choose to enroll in our paid medical insurance plan.
- Retirement Savings: Join our retirement savings program after one year of employment.
- Professional Development: Invest in your professional growth with company-sponsored association membership and meeting attendance.
- Familial Environment: Belong to a small team that works to live vs. lives to work, creates opportunities for fun in the office and respects your time off.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.