Reporting to the Manager, Public Relations, Florida, this position helps develop strategic communications initiatives which enhance and protect the reputation of Nemours and its Associates. The role requires an understanding of how to drive messages through traditional media relations, digital content creation, award nominations, and other tactics. This individual must quickly develop an extensive understanding of Nemours’ technological communications tools and use them to creatively tell our story. The individual should also be able to rapidly develop strong internal and external relationships.
- Utilize a sense of what ‘makes’ a story for a wide variety of news organizations and an understanding of the elements needed to secure the interest of journalists.
- Display comfort in pitching story ideas and coordinating with news organizations to produce the best possible coverage.
- Proactively identify issues that may impact the organization’s reputation and help develop communications plans to mitigate the situation.
- Create a variety of digital communications products including video news releases, edited videos for social media and still photos ensuring all of them adhere to brand standards.
- Draft written communications products including press releases, fact sheets, award nominations, and speeches, ensuring each includes timely, accurate information and key messages.
- Manage contractors including videographers and writers, ensuring work is within the budget, scope and meets high standards.
- Quickly master software like Cision, TV Eyes, PR Newswire’s Online Newsroom, Sprinklr, Adobe Spark, iMovie and other tools used daily by the public relations team.
- Engage with external entities such as trade organizations and hospital partners and ensure Nemours is showcased appropriately in their communications efforts.
- Develop strong relationships with Nemours leaders in order to stay consistently aware of strategies, achievements, and developments.
- Possess a willingness to travel throughout Florida when necessary and work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends.
Non Essential Functions:
- Preference for candidates who speak and write Spanish fluently
- Prior experience in healthcare
- Relationships with journalists in Florida
- Understanding of business and community organizations and leaders in an assigned geographic area
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing public relations campaigns which promote strategic priorities
- Development of digital content that performs strongly in social media.
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
- Comfort with working directly with journalists and senior leaders