Nemours is seeking a Public Relations Specialist to join our Nemours Children’s Healthcare team in Orlando, FL.
Nemours Children’s Health has launched a bold strategy to redefine children’s health to create the healthiest generations of children. This strategy is uniquely intertwined with our brand, which is designed to articulate how Nemours is advancing the health of children by going ‘well beyond medicine.’
Reporting to the Public Relations Manager for Florida, the PR Specialist helps develop strategic communications initiatives targeting the media, patients, and the public to enhance and protect the reputation of Nemours and its Associates. This individual must be a self-starter with a panache for identifying and packaging compelling stories with at least five to seven years’ experience. The role requires an understanding of how to create and drive key messages through traditional media relations, thought leadership, clinical innovation, research, digital content creation, award nominations, events support, and other tactics as identified. The candidate should possess an aptitude for building internal and external relationships, and work toward placing stories in media markets in Orlando, the state of Florida, and national. This role will primarily focus on supporting Nemours’ Children’s Health, Orlando, with the goal of story mining differentiators that can lead to opportunities for national recognition.
- Employ a keen sense of what ‘makes’ a great story, compelling patients and other key stakeholders to recognize Nemours as a leader in pediatric healthcare.
- Possess an understanding of healthcare innovation that fuels strategy and success in securing national media coverage.
- Cultivate relationships with Nemours researchers, clinicians and other internal stakeholders to learn about and then capture the elements needed to secure the interest of journalists, resulting in outstanding media coverage.
- Grow relationships with the media in Nemours’ key markets in Florida with a focus on Orlando and in conjunction with colleagues in Jacksonville and Pensacola for statewide opportunities.
- Aptitude for strengthening existing and cultivating new relationships with partner hospitals, and patient and community organizations to grow visibility of Nemours and underscore its thought leadership.
- Proactively identify issues that may impact the organization’s reputation and help develop communications plans to mitigate situation. Support issues management and crisis communications needs.
- Create a variety of digital communications products including video news releases, edited videos for social media and still photos ensuring all of them adhere to brand standards.
- Write communications products including press releases, fact sheets, award nominations, and speeches, ensuring each includes timely, accurate information and key messages. Assist with events when needed.
- Experience with media and social media tools such as Cision, TV Eyes, PR Newswire’s Online Newsroom and other tools used daily by the public relations team.
- Support the development of PR reports that articulate the team’ ROI.
- Engage with external entities such as hospital partners and trade organizations, and ensure Nemours is showcased appropriately in their communications efforts.
- Possess a willingness to travel throughout Florida and to our location in Delaware when necessary and work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual preferred.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree and five to seven years of experience