Here's To Your Journey with Gaylord
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a single focus: extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest rooms and meeting space, to entertainment and dining all in a self-contained environment, Gaylord Hotels makes meeting planning easy and provides attendees great networking opportunities. As a Gaylord Hotels STAR, you''ll bring your warm smile, genuine excitement and a consider it done spirit to work. In return, youll experience the rewards of growing your career among a team of professionals with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change? Take the initiative. Enjoy the Rewards.
The Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, located at 6000 W. Osceola Parkway, Kissimmee, Florida, 34746 is currently hiring a Public Relations Manager
The Public Relations Manager is part of an important team that creates and executes property-level communications to our customers and media. Under the leadership of the Director of Marketing, this role promotes on-brand messaging to customers through traditional, digital, and social media channels all with the goal of enhancing the image of the hotel.
This role builds strategic Public Relations plans, targeted campaigns, and social media content to drive consumer awareness and preference and building broader portfolio and brand awareness. This role focuses on showcasing and supporting the hotels internal clients (Food and Beverage, Spa, Special Events, Sales, etc.) promotions, both to local, regional, national and international media and consumers.
As part of the Sales & Marketing team, this role is fully connected into resources in their region; Public Relations Managers liaise and build deep partnerships with their regional Convention and Visitors Association, State Tourism and Marriott brand teams. This role acts as the spokesperson for the hotel when internal partners are unavailable; provides crisis communications assistance; and ensures all public information is displayed correctly and effectively for the business. Success is measured by how well they help drive the sales and revenue strategy of the property, social media engagement and also by how effectively leveraged the resources around them are to create truly compelling marketing and communications campaigns.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or related major; 3 years of experience in Marketing or a comparable professional area.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or related major; 1 year of experience in Marketing or a comparable professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Develops a comprehensive PR plan per quarter, including group, leisure and local efforts, and executes post sign-off from Director of Marketing.
- Maintains a comprehensive list of local, regional and national media contacts, with additional focus on area influencers/bloggers.
- Writes and distributes all press materials (press kits, press releases, advertorials) for property events, promotions, and outlets.
- Manages the execution of impactful hotel media events and press promotional activities.
- Supports pull through of PR strategy & activities to drive quality press coverage through media engagement, in alignment with communications objectives.
- Verifies the news clippings and other online, print, and social media mention report is completed on a monthly basis for property distribution.
- Evaluates new public relations opportunities and vets PR leads from area partners regarding which are the best media to promote the hotel during need periods.
- Supports the coordination of photography for F&B, Special Events and Spa advertising, collateral and public relations
- Manages photo/video legal contracts for marketing and public relations projects.
- Manages photo shoots for seasonal or festive promotions in partnership with brand marketing team.
- Provides accurate, complete and effective communications to visiting journalists, publicity or promotions.
- Works with Internal Communications Team to ensure that property is following all corporate public relations guidelines.
- Manages Crisis Communications Plan and participates in yearly round-table exercises
- Familiarization with Cision (or comparable PR reporting program)
Building Successful Relationships
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new travel writers and local media to ensure future exposure. Activities include calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities and additional revenue.
- Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Conducts solicitation and maintenance calls to media.
- Provides all communications channels with creative and unique tools to assist in the public relations and communications of the property.
- Acts as liaison between corporate and individual properties in rolling out programs and making sure that properties are taking advantage of all opportunities provided through corporate.
- Assists property in developing promotions for various campaigns.
Developing Internal and External Communication Efforts
- Provides accurate, complete and effective communications to media partners.
- Evaluates new public relations opportunities for the property.
- Develops strategic public relations plan for property, including group, leisure and local efforts.
- Manages individual and group media visits.
- Provides strategic counsel, issues statements and supports Executive Teams at property.
- Writes all ad hoc communication for guest letters.
- Creates contracts as required for location photo shoots, trade agreements, etc. with appropriate approvals.
- Writes all hotel press releases and other content for print media and electronic media.
- Collaborate with Human Resources for complete and effective internal communication and presentations to leaders and associates
- Responsible for hotel crisis communications and emergency plans in partnership with corporate and security.
Social Media Content Management
- Develops and executes monthly content calendar including promotion campaigns for F&B, weddings, spa, rooms and conferences
- Facilitates social media engagement and develops reports to share with key stakeholders
- Engages in proactive online reputation management by surfacing relevant guest comments (positive or negative) in social media channels and responding accordingly.
- Collaborate with Marketing team on campaigns; editing collateral; developing copy; and other projects as needed.
- Assists and manages the development, coordination and execution of all communications activities with a strong emphasis on property Special Events, F&B and Spa promotions and campaigns.
- Supports communications duties and functions as deemed necessary.
- Partners with Director of Marketing to create marketing plan aligned to hotel sales and revenue strategy for key stakeholders.
- Provides training and public relations leadership and act as a public relations subject matter expert for GMs, Sales Leaders and Managers, and Revenue leaders.
- Keeps abreast of competition and its collateral, advertising, and marketing efforts and constantly evolving digital, marketing and public relations trends.
- Keeps detailed files and records on all matters relative to property's public materials. Ensures that property is following all corporate public relations guidelines.
To apply now, go to: https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/20038032?%3Flang=en-us/
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit www.marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
@lifeatmarriott on Snapchat
So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Additional Location - Orlando, Florida; Kissimmee, Florida
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.