Your career is here in our diverse and friendly workplace where your individuality and ideas are valued. Our family of close to 3,000 associates thrive on teamwork and ingenuity. It is this team who makes Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando one of Florida’s most respected hospitality companies to work for.
Whether you are looking for a job, career growth, or wanting to make an impact in the community, we have diverse opportunities. Here the personal care of a small company exists across seven hotels and multiple subsidiary companies. With such business variety, we offer more than just jobs in hospitality. We have jobs and careers in the medical field, finance, information technology, insurance, education, and in fitness.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug and nicotine-free workforce.
The Public Relations Manager implements all PR activities that support Rosen Hotels & Resorts, its subsidiaries, and the philanthropic entities associated with the Rosen brand. This position requires the ability to drive relevant content across multiple mainstream media – print, digital, broadcast, and social – to increase brand awareness and appreciation among external and internal audiences.
The PR Manager builds relationships with journalists and other influential contacts and develops new, creative ways to garner media coverage. This position reports to the Rosen Hotels & Resorts Director of Guest Contact and the Senior Human Resources Manager with a dotted line reporting relationship to other Sales & Marketing leaders.
- Serve as the primary contact for media requests on behalf of Rosen Hotels & Resorts, Millennium Technology Group, ProvInsure, RosenCare, Harris Rosen Foundation, Rosen Parramore PS8 Foundation, Tangelo Park Foundation, Adam Michael Rosen Foundation, Rosen Aquatic & Fitness Center and any future RHR endeavors.
- Create and align the PR strategy with the company’s business goals through collaboration among marketing stakeholders in the organization.
- Develop story ideas and pitch to local, regional, and national consumer media, as well as select trade media.
- Produce and distribute press releases, media packets and other PR materials.
- Work in partnership with the internal creative team and marketing teams to expand assets such as photography, b-roll and video packages while ensuring that Rosen’s standards of diversity, equity and inclusion are met.
- Work in partnership with human resources on internal communication campaigns, community relations initiatives, organizational successes and milestones, and major associate accomplishments.
- Assist with content for websites, magazines, social media, paid media, and internal communication pieces.
- Generate exposure through special events that showcase our products and brands (e.g. press events, fams, site visits, milestones, etc.)
- Research and help develop communications and talking points for company leaders.
- Reach and engage target audiences which include meeting planners, community and government leaders, policy makers, etc.
- Monitor and maintain record of all media mentions and regularly report these to leadership.
- Maintain a current and complete media contact list to include all trade publications associated with RHR business units and local news sources.
- Develop and continually update an emergency response strategy in partnership with executive leadership.
- Responsible for keeping up to date on PR current trends, best practices, and legal implications of any communication.
- Able to build effective relationships with news media, business partners, senior leaders, and other influential individuals.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven content creation skills that include news writing, speech writing, copy writing, and photo/video asset development.
- Capable of managing constantly changing work priorities in a deadline-oriented, time-sensitive environment that requires flexible availability and crisis communication skills.
- Skilled at identifying new technologies and innovative opportunities to advance communication.
- Ability to regularly use independent judgment, discretion, and analytical skills to problem solve.
- Ability to work as part of a team with senior leadership and staff.
- Must possess proficient computer skills including, but not limited to, document processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, journalism, or communications and minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in a media relations or newsroom role.
- Experience working in hospitality, healthcare, and/or the non-profit sector is a plus.