Putting the world on vacation is in our DNA. We’re Wyndham Destinations, Inc. (NYSE: WYND), the world’s largest in vacation ownership and exchange company. As the industry giant, our portfolio reaches far and wide to 110 countries, more than 220 vacation ownership resorts, and 4,300+ affiliated exchange properties. Whether in the corporate office or in the field, our 25,000 associates make it their goal to deliver memories of a lifetime to millions of families each year.
The Manager, Public Relations will be responsible for driving the day-to-day global media relations work of Wyndham Destinations and its iconic brands, including flagship vacation club, Club Wyndham, and Margaritaville Vacation Club. Reporting to the Director, Brand Publicity and based out of Orlando, Florida, this role will focus on implementing strategic public relations campaigns for the company’s timeshare brands in both a consumer and B2B capacity. The ideal candidate will bring a strong media relations background, creative thinking, excellent writing ability, experience in managing press events, a history of strong collaboration with outside PR agency partners, and solid interpersonal skills that would enable them to flourish in a dynamic global corporate structure across multiple countries and cultures. Seated within the Brand department of Wyndham Destinations, this role offers the chance to work alongside a passionate team to elevate Wyndham Destinations through creative and targeted public relations strategies designed to grab headlines and secure consistent earned media and positive publicity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press and media community, building consumer and industry awareness. Secure strategic media placement assisting brand reputation and business goals. Support business initiatives by developing articles, press releases, pitches and blog posts that tell our brands’ stories creatively across multiple platforms.
- Assist the Director, Brand Publicity in the strategic planning and management of publicity campaigns that drive an emotional brand connection among consumers at national, regional and or local levels. To include pitching media, working with external PR agency, arranging media stays and planning property-based media events. Monitor and report on media clips and provide analysis and results to internal clients.
- Partner closely with members of the internal communications team, marketing, e-commerce, PR agency and other groups to support overall public relations efforts. Provide content for the social media teams as it relates to essential company business, product developments and initiatives defining the company story
- Assist the Director, Public Relations with developing the overall B2B communication program for brands. Foster relationships within various trade and industry outlets.
- Manage daily PR work in support of brands including tracking industry news and media coverage, guiding approval processes, updating press materials and utilizing online PR software programs.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required
Knowledge and skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills required
- Solid understanding of media relations and its impact on a business with experience in developing proactive and reactive messaging campaigns; established media relationships in the lifestyle, travel & tourism sector preferred.
- Experience in securing earned media for established brands
- Superb communications skills and talent to tailor messages to specific constituencies
- Executive presence and the ability to represent the Company in any circumstance
- Ability to respond to rapidly changing conditions with agility and imagination, capitalizing on opportunities
- Knowledge of traditional and social media outlets and platforms, and experience developing targeted messaging strategies
- Creative approach and out-of-the-box thinking
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs as well as in social media channels and applications
- Functional knowledge of social media channels and applications
- Proficient with electronic press lists and database programs
- 6+ years of related communications experience; journalism background and hospitality services industry experience desirable. Experience working at PR agency and in publicly traded companies preferred.
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
Wyndham Destinations (NYSE:WYND) believes in putting the world on vacation. Our global presence in 110 countries at more than 220 vacation ownership resorts and 4,300+ affiliated exchange properties distinguishes Wyndham Destinations as the world’s largest vacation ownership and exchange company, with North America’s largest professionally managed rental business. Each year our team of 25,000 associates delivers great vacations to millions of families as they make memories of a lifetime. Learn more at wyndhamdestinations.com. Our world is your destination.
Every year 3.5 million families entrust us with their vacation dreams. Through our unique brands, flexible ways to explore, and more destinations than anyone else, we make it easy to experience and enjoy the most amazing vacations around the globe. As the world’s largest vacation company, Wyndham Destinations provides access to unlimited possibilities to inspire your next vacation.
Wyndham Destinations is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, Diversity Inc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come join the Wyndham family and discover the rewards for your career. http://careers.wyndhamdestinations.com/
Whether at work or on vacation - wherever your dream destination, wherever you see yourself—we help you get there.
A career at Wyndham Destinations offers you the following great benefit opportunities and more:
- Competitive compensation package
- Employee discounts on travel
- Medical/dental and vision care plans
- 401(k) program that matches dollar for dollar up to 6% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts, short and long term disability, life insurance and educational assistance
- Community volunteer and global sustainability/green programs
Come and be part of One Family, One Team, One Company . . . Wyndham Destinations
The Company makes every effort to ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals and abides by EEO and nondiscrimination provisions of all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.