At Orange County Government, Florida we are proud to serve the public with integrity, honesty, fairness, and professionalism. We develop innovative policies and services that positively impact Central Florida and help shape the future of our community.
Celebrating nearly 40 years of success, the award-winning Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) is one of the largest convention facilities in the United States, and is owned and operated by Orange County Government. Located in the heart of the tourism district, the Center serves as the perfect event destination - attracting more than 200 events to the Central Florida region annually. By hosting regional, national and international conventions, meetings and trade shows, the convention center infuses the local economy with new money and expanding business opportunities. As a result, roughly 1.5 million attendees contribute approximately $3 billion to the area's annual economy. The OCCC is a leader in the events, trade shows and conventions industry and is known as The Center of Hospitality.
- Provides assistance in developing various visibility programs and reports for diverse issues relating to customer service, employee activities, special events, inventory and promotions. Responsible for tracking and monitoring the OCCC Marketing and Communication Section’s progress and effectiveness of campaign achievements through monthly, ad hoc and miscellaneous reporting and project tracking. Responsible for the enhancement of the experience at the Orange County Convention Center by promoting the Center of Hospitality (CoH) tenets within the department.
- Work is performed with considerable independence under the supervision of the Manager and is reviewed through observations, conferences, reports, and results achieved.
- Develops or assists in the development of marketing and communications plans to support both short and long-range organizational objectives.
- Develops or assists in the development of marketing and communication materials across multiple platforms to include but not limited to, interactive, mass, target and broadcast media, and special events.
- Responsible for production of accurate and quality informational pieces that support marketing and communications efforts. These may include, but are not limited to, newsletters, web site, email, and other collateral material.
- Obtains or designs and implements market and customer research.
- Organizes, tracks and details expenses associated with marketing and communications inventory and expenditures.
- Assists with ordering inventory and tracking as needed.
- Organizes and facilitates Brown Bag Meetings to enhance employee communication with management. Plans and organizes Quarterly Full Building meetings.
- Assists in implementing employee outreach communications and programs.
- Researches, writes and distributes internal magazine articles to share new information, feature current programs and highlight employee accomplishments to provide insights about changes that impact OCCC employees including the quarterly internal, monthly and external newsletters.
- Oversees the monitoring and routing of all guest enquiries via the OCCC’s general email.
- Develops and refreshes employee content for the OCCC intranet webpage, presentations and bulletin boards.
- Monitors and updates monthly, ad hoc and miscellaneous reporting and project tracking.
- Supports planning and coordination of employee special events, including bi-annual internal full building meeting.
- Meets the Center of Hospitality (CoH) standards.
- May be required to work weekends, nights and some holidays.
- Performs other duties of a comparable level as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with a major in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications, public or business administration, or a related field and three (3) years of experience with broad exposure to marketing and public relations, communications; or an equivalent combination of related training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Must possess effective oral and written communication skills, the ability to plan, organize, and effectively present ideas and concepts to groups, skills in team building, consensus building, persuasion and negotiation.
Experience with hospitality client software, USI/EBMS. Meets Center of Hospitality (CoH) Standards. Experience in marketing and sales in a convention center, convention bureau, convention hotel or the hospitality industry.
Apply at www.occc.net/jobs. Job ID: 28021