Leads a high-performing public relations team in the development and execution of strategic communications campaigns for clients that encompass a broad spectrum of public relations services. Responsible for managing a profitable public relations practice within the agency, supervising the quality of service and creative provided to clients by the public relations staff, and serving as a member of the agency’s leadership team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains an efficient, profitable public relations practice that helps further the business goals of the agency and the agency’s clients.
- Directs and coordinates the utilization of public relations talent, as well as other agency expertise, into effective teams which solve clients’ communications problems.
- Creates and manages processes for the public relations team, in alignment with agency-wide processes, to effectively and efficiently serve its clients.
- Supervises key accounts, including the agency itself, and supervises public relations team in the management of their accounts.
- Provides public relations counsel to the agency and its clients, developing an understanding of the agency’s accounts and clients in order to add value to the agency’s work and to solve problems.
- Generates new business opportunities for both the agency and public relations practice; develops new business strategies including proposals, budgets and presentations.
- Fosters the professional and personal development of public relations personnel; encourages professionalism within the public relations practice by maintaining high standards of client service, and by keeping updated on state-of-the-art public relations strategies and tactics.
- Administers agency policies and procedures within the public relations team; and, works with agency management to help maintain a desirable working environment within the agency.
- Reports to agency leadership on status of client relations, problems and opportunities.
- May serve as a media spokesperson or represent clients at media or trade events; maintains professional relationships with key media contacts.
- Serves as crisis communications and issues management lead for all accounts; provides media training as needed.
- Manages client budgets, oversees project estimates and reconciliation; reviews and approves all public relations client billing.
- Required to actively participate in a local industry association relevant to public relations, such as Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) or Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), or other industry group relevant to the agency or its clients.
- 10+ years of public relations experience with previous supervisory experience is required
- Master’s Degree in relevant field is preferred
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) and/or Certified Public Relations Counselor (CPRC) is preferred