Are you able to promote our theater to a wider audience? Do you write expert ad, longform, and promotional copy – with a dynamic sales bent and skillful wordsmithing? Are you a social media communication expert on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and other platforms? Can you organize interviews, reviews, features, and photo/video opportunities? You may be just what we need.
Orlando Shakes, a busy mid-sized professional, Actor’s Equity regional theater, now in its 33rd season is seeking an enthusiastic Public Relations and Outreach Director, to take the initiative as our main publicist in promoting our company. We are looking for a “pro” in the industry who can join our senior staff. The position will report directly to the Managing Director and work in collaboration with our Marketing Director.
Seeking a great writer and communicator who is not afraid to create strong relationships with key community stakeholders including:
- Press – Print, Electronic & Digital (Press Releases & Pitches)
- Chambers & Corporate partners
- Group Sales & Tourism Outlets
- Community & Government Leaders
- Bloggers & Influencers
- Create and Distribute Press Releases
- Interface with Media and Maintain and Build Media Relationships
- Develop Media Pitches for Niche, Local, Regional and National Outlets
- Build Relationships with Local Businesses and Community and Government Leaders
- Plan and Execute a Content Calendar for Social Media and the Orlando Shakes Blog
- Maintain and Build Social Media Presence
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related field
- 2 - 3 years of advertising and/or public relations experience
- Previous work in the arts, theater or entertainment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Advanced knowledge of Google Docs
- Have and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license
Physical / Environmental Demands:
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Required to talk and hear
- Noise level in the environment is moderate
- Flexible schedule to attend community events
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position
SALARY AND START DATE:
The anticipated start date for this exempt salaried position is July 20, 2021, however, Orlando Shakes will continue searching until the right candidate is found.
Salary range is $48,000 – $53,000 annually.
Orlando Shakes offers a benefits package, including employer contributed health insurance, Paid Time Off, and a small retirement contribution.
Orlando Shakes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
No Phone Calls Please.