WHO WE ARE:
At &Barr, we believe it’s not what you do, it’s why you do it. Your purpose should be why you thrive from day-to-day; therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications we look for, and job scope, but not limit you to the description identified. It is our expectation that team members offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure we are the agency of choice for both great brands and top talent.
If you thrive in a collaborative environment with professionals as invested as you are... If you’re ready to be challenged... If you are eager to see just how far you can push yourself and us... Then we have an awesome opportunity for you.
JOB TITLE: Public Relations Account Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Public Relations
Responsible and accountable for meeting or exceeding client expectations and overseeing the measurable success of multiple client accounts by providing strategic public relations counsel and tactical execution, including effective management and mentorships of junior-level staff and/or interns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides strong media relations skills (with both traditional and social media), including writing, editing, and pitching to secure media coverage
- Develops and provides comprehensive media training for approved spokespeople
- Works with Vice President to provide clients with issues management and crisis planning and management
- Works with Vice President to develop internal communications and employee engagement strategies and implements tactics
- Works with Vice President to support development and implementation of executive communications’ strategies and tactics
- Provides event planning and management services, including development of timelines and budgets
- Provides strategic recommendations specific to community relations and corporate social opportunity (CSO) and develops robust CSO programs with Vice President
- Develops public relations strategies and tactics, including timelines, deadlines, and all necessary planning and execution to achieve success in accordance with client’s business objectives and budget limitations
- Acquires thorough knowledge of client’s business in order that opportunities and issues may be anticipated, discussed, and planned for with the client proactively
- Maintains confidentiality while working closely with client regarding all aspects of their business, agency initiatives/efforts, issues/crises, and opportunities
- Develops and maintains strong, positive relationships with clients to demonstrate trust, respect, and value
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgement and strategic thinking, in accordance with agency’s mission, vision, and values, and never sacrifices quality for speed
- Demonstrates clear, effective, articulate, and professional writing and verbal skills in both formal and informal communications with clients, partners, team members, and media
- Develops strong business communications to ensure client’s knowledge of agency’s initiatives and effectiveness, including, but not limited to, status call agendas, conference reports, monthly retainer reports, and quarterly business review presentation decks
- Works positively, proactively, and collaboratively across all agency departments, including Creative, Media, Production, and Account Service, to ensure client objectives are clearly understood and executed upon
- Proactively plans for how tactics will be measured and develops processes to monitor and report on progress to client, including proactively identifying opportunities to course correct if needed
- Leads by example and provides clear direction and effective management while supervising junior- level team members and/or interns in their direct responsibilities for tactical execution, research, reporting, and all other support services to client accounts
- Leads brainstorms to proactively provide unique ideas to client in accordance with client’s goals, as well as time and financial constraints
- Works proactively and collaboratively with Vice President on annual planning and helping client define PR objectives to support client’s business goals
- Work with Vice President to develop proposals with coordinating budgets for clients, making modifications as necessary and facilitating contract signing
- Supports providing public relations and social media strategies and tactics, including reporting, for the agency
- Monitors hours weekly on all client accounts and proactively works with Vice President if hours are trending under or over
- Support new business development, which may include, but is not limited to, research, RFP response development, pitch decks, and presentations (in person or virtually)
- Serves as an ambassador and “face” of the agency while in professional and personal situations, including represents agency well on all online platforms
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgement and strategic thinking, in accordance with Agency’s mission, vision, and values and never sacrifices quality for speed.
QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, or journalism
- 10 to 15 years of public relations experience (corporate and agency experience a plus)
- Must be media trained
- Outstanding writing and editing skills, including mastery of AP Style
- Excellent project management skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong self-starter with excellent judgment on when to ask questions or involve leadership
- Superior verbal communications skills; efficient and effective communicator who keeps Vice President included in client communications to ensure a bench of service in case of team member’s absence
- Stellar professionalism, strong people skills, and diplomacy
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet all deadlines, including tight timelines, as well as prioritize at client’s direction
- Commitment to high-quality work and superior client service
- Ability to provide 24/7/365 support for clients who need crisis management services
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research reports, white papers, and cross-tabulated survey data to effectively present information in one- on-one and group situations to clients, agency partners, and colleagues.
Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions based upon information furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Personal computer proficiency (Apple, Windows, and server-side applications)
- Knowledge of online media relations platforms (e.g., Agility, Cision, HootSuite, etc.)
May supervise the work of junior-level team members and interns and work with agency team members in other disciplines to ensure client project work is completed successfully.
We work in a fast-paced, energetic, creative environment. Occasional travel and overtime may be required.
To apply email email@example.com