Public Relations Account Executive
Senior Director of Public Relations
Plans and executes strategic communications campaigns for clients that encompass a broad spectrum of public relations and social media services. Manages activities for one or more accounts while supporting other accounts as needed. Performs all traditional functions of the public relations role, including writing, editing, media relations (traditional and social), event planning and management, while building and maintaining successful client relationships through effective account management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively seeks to know and understand the client’s business, industry and measurements of success.
- Contributes to development of public relations plans, including measurable objectives and efficient/effective strategies and tactics for clients.
- Ensures public relations activities are implemented within deadlines and established budgets.
- Maintains frequent, consistent client contact; conducts regular status meetings; and provides conference reports and media coverage reports, among others as directed by client or Public Relations Sr. Director.
- Understands the public relations role within the environment of an advertising agency and adds value to accounts by accessing relevant agency resources as appropriate.
- Develops all communications materials, including press releases, media alerts, pitches, byline or editorial articles, social media content, blogs, etc.
- Experience with social content creation, social media strategies, use of social media measurement tools, and successfully pitching social and digital influencers, bloggers, etc.
- Researches and develops media lists and maintains professional relationships with traditional and social media contacts.
- Provides guidance to clients and account teams on mass media communications strategies, including media relations and the appropriate means to disseminate information.
- May represent clients at media or trade events.
- Supports issues and crisis planning and management. May serve as media spokesperson for clients.
- Monitors account profitability, including helping to manage client budgets, preparation of project estimates, and account reconciliation; may review and approve specific account billing.
- Supports agency growth by recognizing and working with agency support to pursue new opportunities; may play a role in new business development.
- Required to actively participate in a local industry association relevant to public relations, such as Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) or Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), or other industry group relevant to the agency or its clients.
- 5 to 10 years of public relations’ and social media experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, or Journalism required
- AP Style proficiency required
- Project Management experience required
- Must be media trained
- Experience managing junior-level employees preferred
- Agency experience preferred
- Corporate experience a plus
HOW TO APPLY: