ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to development of public relations plans, including measurable objectives, efficient and effective strategies and tactics, and stellar execution.
- Ensures public relations activities are implemented within deadlines and established budgets.
- Prepares all communications materials for campaign activities, including press releases, media alerts, pitches, contributed editorial content, case studies, white papers, blogs, etc.
- Researches and develops media lists and maintains professional relationships with relevant traditional media contacts and social influencers.
- Provides guidance to clients and account teams on mass media communications strategies, including media relations and the appropriate methods and tools to disseminate information.
- Supports issues and crisis planning and management. May serve as media spokesperson for clients.
- Monitors account profitability, including helping to manage client budgets, preparation of project estimates, and account reconciliation; may review and approve specific account or project billing.
- Required to actively participate in a local industry association relevant to public relations, such as Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) or Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), or other industry group relevant to the PR industry and/or our clients’ industries.
· 5 to 8 years of public relations’ experience required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, or Journalism required
· AP Style proficiency required
· Must be media trained
· Excellent public speaker/presenter
· Project Management experience required
· Experience managing junior-level employees preferred
· Agency experience preferred
· Corporate experience a plus
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org