Global-5 Communications interacts with millions of people who see our public information products from a variety of transportation industry contracts. Global-5 projects improve safety and mobility, build a foundation for thriving communities, and create the transportation corridors of the future. Whether explaining the benefits of major interstate construction projects or preparing the public for the convergence of connected and automated vehicles, our teams of professionals are always finding fresh ways to illustrate how transportation projects enhance regional economic development and promote prosperity. After 20 years, we plan to deliver even more positive results for decades to come.
This Orlando based position will be part of Global-5’s public information team, working embedded in the client’s headquarters as an extension of client staff. We are currently seeking enthusiastic public relations professionals with transportation experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Serve as an active and participating member of our public involvement team.
• Coordinate media and community outreach strategies and campaigns.
• Under time-sensitive deadlines, prepare content for news releases, multimedia productions, social media, web-based productions and community outreach initiatives.
• Under critical daily deadlines, prepare content for construction notices, newsletters, bulletins, letters, digital messages, trade magazines, radio and video scripts, talking points and other printed materials for public and media events.
• Assist in editing the work of others to ensure all published work supports media and community outreach strategies and conforms to adopted style guides.
• Participate in planning public and media events.
• Maintain databases and generate regular reports.
• Communicate multi-channel outreach with community members.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Public Administration or a closely related field and five years' public relations, public information, media and/or customer relations experience.
• High degree of self-motivation and professional decorum.
• Effective and grammatically proficient writing, editing, public speaking, networking and community involvement. Preference will be given to those who can creatively communicate technical issues for a general public audience.
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Staunch attention to detail.
• Ability to balance work on several projects at a time.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Ability to work a staggered work schedule to accommodate some evening duties.
Global-5, Inc., is an Orlando based national award-winning public relations & public information, marketing & advertising, digital production, knowledge transfer & change management, technology development firm serving long-term transportation and transit clients. Global-5 is an EOE, offering a comprehensive health care and benefits package, including 401K profit sharing. Salary is commensurate with experience. After researching Global-5, email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com.