Wellons Communications, a dynamic, independent PR and social media firm, is looking for an experienced PR Specialist to join our Orlando team. We represent clients in a variety of industries, from attractions, hospitality and restaurants to consumer products and technology.
We’re looking for the right person to work hard, have fun and grow with our agency.
The successful candidate will have the ability to take in client direction and execute, from producing all types of content to handling media distributions and pitching all kinds of media.
Most importantly, the PR Specialist will embody our company values, rolling up his or her sleeves, answering the call and delivering excellent results for our clients and the agency every time.
If that’s you, send your resume, cover letter and a writing sample to Lauren Sedam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you’ll do
- Write content, from marketing and sales collateral and eblasts to social media posts and press releases
- Pitch media, from local sources to national publications
- Communicate with clients via email and calls
- Manage multiple clients, keeping projects on course and juggling deadlines
- Load press releases and distribute to media
- Update websites with blogs and new content
- Work with a designer to produce ads, sales pieces and more
- Edit content and proof before client review
- Contribute to client reports
What we’re looking for
- A year of experience in an agency or in journalism
- Superior writing skills for a variety of deliverables, including press releases, web content and social media
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of social media platforms
- Experience with WordPress and Constant Contact
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Sharp copy editing skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to hit deadlines
- Solid computer skills, including Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Adobe
- A team player
- Working knowledge of design and design programs is a major plus
Undergraduate degree required
Apply with email@example.com.