Wellons Communications, a dynamic, independent PR and social media firm, is looking for an experienced PR Specialist to join our Orlando team. We represent clients in a variety of industries, from attractions, hospitality and restaurants to consumer products and technology.
We’re looking for the right person to work hard, have fun and grow with our agency.
The successful candidate will have the ability to develop pitches and secure hits in all types of media, think strategically and manage tasks independently and execute writing assignments efficiently.
Most importantly, the PR Specialist will embody our company values, rolling up his or her sleeves, answering the call and delivering excellent results for our clients and the agency every time.
If that’s you, send your resume, cover letter and a writing sample to Lauren Sedam at email@example.com.
What you’ll do
- Research media and find the right targets
- Build media lists
- Pitch media and coordinate coverage
- Write press releases, pitches, media alerts and more
- Participate in client calls and meetings
- Manage deadlines and juggle multiple projects
What we’re looking for
- A year of experience in an agency or in journalism
- Strong writing skills for a variety of deliverables, including press releases, web content and social media
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Hootsuite
- Experience with WordPress and Constant Contact
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Sharp copy editing skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to hit deadlines
- Solid computer skills, including Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Adobe
- A team player
- Working knowledge of design and design programs is a major plus
Undergraduate degree required