Wellons Communications, a dynamic, independent PR and social media firm, is looking for a PR Specialist to join our Orlando team. We represent clients in a variety of industries, from attractions, hospitality and restaurants to real estate and finance.
We’re looking for the right person to work hard, have fun and grow with our agency.
The successful candidate will have the ability to take in client and internal direction and help move tasks forward, as well as help with marketing tasks.
Most importantly, the PR Specialist will embody our company values, rolling up his or her sleeves, answering the call and delivering excellent results for our clients and the agency every time.
If that’s you, send your resume and cover letter to Lauren Sedam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you’ll do
- Assist with content, from marketing collateral and eblasts to SEO blogs and press releases
- Load press releases and distribute to media
- Create eblasts and distribute to customers
- Create and edit social media posts, including graphics, executing on strategy
- Track client hits and keep media charts updated
- Manage client marketing lists
- Communicate with clients via email and calls
- Contribute to client reports
- Help manage multiple clients, keeping projects on course and juggling deadlines
- Update websites with blogs and new content
- Other coordination duties as assigned
What we’re looking for
- Prior agency or journalism experience, including internships, is preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to hit deadlines
- Solid writing skills for a variety of deliverables, including press releases, web content and social media
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of social media platforms
- Experience with WordPress and Constant Contact
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Sharp copy-editing skills
- Solid computer skills, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe
- A team player
- Working knowledge of design and design programs is a plus
Undergraduate degree required