Mission Driven Internship
Internship Description: Paving the Way Foundation is a 501c3 whose mission is to disrupt the cycle of human trafficking in the U.S. by educating the Students, Parents, and Educators.
This is an opportunity to work with amazing, highly trained individuals, a very experienced executive team and advisory board. You will have the chance to have a direct impact on our company; your input will be heard, and you will get trained. It will be very important for you to interact with all of the executives in the company. We are up to big stuff.
Job Functions and Responsibilities: Public Relations
The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting and supporting the President in developing a 14-month PR Plan for Paving the Way Foundation such that we can take advantage of all relevant media and press opportunities. Including but not limited to:
- Drafting and sending out press releases and Media Alerts to local and regional media about significant events such as collaborations, presentations and awards.
- Secure local and National TV segments on NBC, ABC and FOX, News 13, CBS, CNN, Fox and other influencers to promote events and local projects we are doing.
- Secure segments on local and national radio shows, podcast and other live speaking opportunities, along with other influencers to promote events and local projects we are doing.
- Write content for segments and prepare the media for the client.
- Work with social media team to maximize every media opportunity.
- Keep a close eye on National Media, Google Top Stories and relevant real-world opportunities and pitch our connection when appropriate.
- Work in tandem with the President and team on all relevant projects.
- Participate in a weekly conference call to maintain open communication, idea exchange and moving the organization and specific projects forward.
Job Requirements: Be responsible, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, and committed to the mission of Paving The Way Foundation. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge and experience with data and database management systems (i.e., Excel, Access). Experience with Tableau preferred. Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, a team player and have outstanding time management skills.
Time commitment: Minimum of 15 hours per week; minimum 5 months (semester) with 12 months as desirable.
This is an unpaid internship.
Contact: Jan Edwards, President, email@example.com