Day Communications is seeking a HIGHLY motivated and results-driven marketing/public relations intern. Hours can range from 20-40 hours/week depending on schedules, with possibility for future full-time employment.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who wants to work as part of a skilled team to gain valuable experience with a variety of clients and companies. Because our team is not large, you can become an integral part of the agency.
You won't be getting coffee... but you will be working directly on client accounts including:
- Market research to serve as the working basis of the marketing campaigns
- Locate, format and archive press clips and compile monthly public relations reports
- Research, interview and write stories varying in length from 150 words to 1,200 words for digital and print
- Help to formulate and continually update online presence by monitoring social media accounts, drafting messages, posting events to online publicity calendars
- Curate, research, and write content for monthly e-newsletters, matching tone and voice
- Custom design and format website pages with approved content and pictures, integrating in plugins, social feeds, and responsive layouts if needed
- Contribute to maintenance of editorial calendar and help oversee content development production process
- Organize and maintain client mailing lists
- Distribute promotional materials
- and much, much, more…
Qualification and Skills:
- College student with junior status or above, or recent college graduate
- Outstanding writing skills
- Outstanding editing, fact-checking and proof-reading skills
- Experience with Document Building: Word Processors, Spreadsheets, Databases, Google Docs, Microsoft suites (Adobe Creative Suite a plus).
- Online publishing experience, with demonstrated experience working with WordPress websites – Basic page-layout skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce quality work. This means you are willing to put in the effort/time required to get the job “done right” – not “done right now.”
- Design and video editing chops are a plus
**Graduating seniors or recent grads: potential for full-time employment after 3 to 6 months.
Educational Requirements: College junior or senior working to obtain a degree in communications, public relations, marketing or business.
Employer Name: Day Communications, Inc.
Compensation: Paid internship, $12.50/hr.
Timeframe: January through May 2020
City/Location: Winter Park, Florida
Day Communications, Inc., launched in 2006, is an integrated marketing communications boutique firm supported by a diverse team of right- and left-brain professionals — veteran marketers, former journalists, creative strategists, business analysts and savvy digital media specialists. Together, we have been delivering award-winning marketing communication services to public and private sector clients in transportation, engineering, hospitality and retail industries. To learn more, go to www.daycommunications.com.
How to Apply:
Send resume, cover letter and 2 writing samples to email@example.com, Attention Katie Clarke. Your cover letter needs to answer why your skills, talent and personality will boost productivity and bring a smile to faces.