- Associate’s Degree.
- Three (3) years of professional work experience as a photographer, videographer, editor, multimedia equipment support, or related fields.
- Portfolio providing evidence of work experience, photography, and video editing skills.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of current and evolving technologies in the field of mass media and photography.
- Knowledge of video and audio production equipment, operations, and software.
- Ability to work independently and ensure assigned workforce achieves accurate and timely results.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with all levels of the organization and the general public.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include nights and weekends on occasion.
- Reports to Multimedia Producer. No Supervisory Duties.
- To create digital media tools and video assets that will promote Seminole County Public Schools and its many innovative programs in support of the District’s overall communications plan.
- *Video record School Board Meetings, Discipline Hearings, ribbon cuttings, meetings/assemblies, interviews, green screen setups, and other special events.
- *Edit video into news-style packages and event recaps with little-to-no guidance.
- *Assist with redacting legal videos, as required.
- *Assist with setup, breakdown, and operation of single or multi-camera live streams.
- *Photograph individuals or groups, when requested or at special events.
- *Edit photographed images with little-to-no guidance and post them to social media.
- *Assist with audio-visual setups, support, and maintenance for the Board Room or other rooms as needed for meetings and special events.
- *Work with various clients, or independently, to develop District-related stories for press/public use including distribution on various social media outlets.
- *Maintain digital signage to keep content up-to-date and timely.
- *Maintain records, when required.
- *Operate all video, photographic, and audio production equipment required to produce a finished program.
- *Communicate to the Multimedia Producer the status of outstanding projects and the progress attained in meeting program goals and objectives.
- *Support lines of communication with internal and external stakeholders for purposes of identifying appropriate modes and strategies for preparing and delivering content.
- *Configure newly purchased multimedia equipment to meet District standards.
- *Perform general diagnostics on stand-alone/networked multimedia equipment and applications.
- *Assist with the Communications Department inventory.
- *Interact with and support other SCPS departments, school, and partner agencies in developing video productions to promote, educate, and inform citizens of District programs, services, and special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Multimedia Producer.
*Denotes essential job function/ADA E Q U I P M E N T / M A
Equipment / Materials:
- Standard Office Equipment; Digital/Multimedia Equipment to include Video Cameras, Digital Cameras and Production Gear; and Editing Software to include Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premier Pro, and Apple Final Cut Pro.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Sitting: Resting with the body supported by the buttocks or thighs.
- Standing: Assuming an upright position on the feet particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
- Finger Dexterity: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Hearing Acuity: The ability to perceive speech and other environmental sounds at normal loudness levels.
- Visual Acuity: The power to see at a level which allows reading of numbers and text, operation of equipment, inspection of machines, etc.
- Indoors/Outdoors: The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- $41,852 - $74,325
- Full-time position, with benefits
- 12-month employee
- Weekly Hours: 40
- Some Nights & Weekends
Deadline to Apply:
- March 31, 2021
Applicants must apply through the Human Resources Job Portal on the SCPS website. Job will be posted under “Location: Educational Support Center.” To apply, visit: https://www.scps.k12.fl.us/district/departments/human-resources/how-to-apply.stml