Poston Communications is a national crisis communications, public relations and content agency with team members distributed across the United States working remotely. We serve clients in highly regulated industries, including top law and accounting firms, B2B tech companies, financial services institutions and more. Poston Communications is the honored recipient of such awards as PRSA’s Public Relations Professional of the Year (Dave Poston), the Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Diversity & Inclusion Award and Bulldog Awards Best Media Relations Campaign. You may read more about our agency here.
To support our agency’s growth in 2021, we are seeking a mid-level team member. Ideal candidates have about five years of experience in traditional and digital media relations initiatives, have prior PR agency experience and have worked either inside or as a consultant to law firms or another professional services organization. Location is not a factor, as our team enjoys a distributed structure with a remote work policy.
This mid-level team member, whose title will be determined commiserate with experience, supports our agency’s media relations clients, executing public relations plans by monitoring current events, producing proactive PR opportunities and pitching stories to national and local media contacts. He or she develops and nurtures relationships with reporters from national and local business and trade media outlets and tracks for media results and client placements.
All of our team members are responsible for account management, including day-to-day activity, oversight of account teams and budget management of multiple high-profile clients. In addition to understanding our clients' work and business development goals, all of our team members possess excellent presentation skills – both in person and virtually – and lead regular client meetings and presentations proactively and with confidence.
Our team is known for its commitment to delivering results, the development of creative PR pitch ideas and exceptional client service. We work hard, love our clients and have a lot of fun together. Every day, we uphold our team philosophy of "we, us, our" when it comes to developing our culture of collaboration, leadership and success. Before applying, please consider how you already live out our firm’s mission and values.
- Develop an authoritative understanding of our clients’ work and business development goals, and create media relations strategies that underscore sales opportunities.
- Drafts basic public relations materials, including news releases, pitches, media alerts, fact sheets, client meeting summaries, status reports and other materials.
- Pitch by phone to journalists at local, national and trade media outlets, as well as build and nurture relationships with members of the media at top-tier business publications.
- Provides ongoing monitoring, tracking and reporting for secured media placements.
- Enthusiastically represent our firm through a leadership role in trade or industry organizations.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a PR agency or in-house at a professional services firm.
- Leadership experience in work, industry, community or civic organizations. We are looking for individuals who demonstrate their ability to influence and to lead others and themselves well.
- Proven ability to phone pitch journalists. Must be able to share specific and measurable examples of this during the interview process.
- Solid, demonstrated relationships with reporters at national print media outlets.
- Experience managing multiple, high-profile accounts with daily pitching requirements.
- Possess exceptional time management, as well as superior verbal and writing skills.
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence and a commitment to delivering “white glove” client service.
- Confidence, humility and effectiveness when dealing with agency management, clients and the public.
- Commands an executive yet accessible presence with a commitment to enthusiasm and passion for our work.
- Committed to living in a constant state of improvement, with dedication to continuous learning through engaging proactively with colleagues, asking for feedback, reviewing workstyle assessments (including the Enneagram) and implementing suggestions.
- Graduate and / or bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
Poston Communications is a distributed team with talented professionals located around the country. We offer a top-level benefits package, including 100% full-time employee premium coverage of health, vision and dental insurance, as well as 401K match, exceptional PTO and holiday schedule and more!
Please apply with a cover letter, resume and two examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.