The marketing specialist will perform the role of property project management, which involves a high level of tactical marketing production, executive and team coordination. Works with the Director of Sales, the Marketing & Communications Manager, and corporate Team Members to ensure that branding and creative standards are upheld in all areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages creative projects from concept to completion, maintains the integrity of brand voice, and translates marketing objectives into creative strategies to drive revenue while building brand awareness and engagement.
- Interacts with designated branding, media, public relations, graphic designers and print companies as well as sales, spa, food & beverage and all other revenue-producing areas and the corporate office to ensure that communication material is produced within the agreed-upon budget, to company branding standards and delivered in a timely manner. Assist with social media and email marketing platforms.
- Maintain marketing materials and perform general administrative functions.
- Maintain working calendar of all promotions and notifies manager of upcoming promotions that need to be created or updated.
- Collaborate with various department heads to develop on-property programs and partnerships.
- Participate in weekly marketing calls including generating agenda and meeting recap.
- Manage email newsletter database.
- Assist in the creation of promotions and tactics to grow prospect database.
- Prepare email copy, select imagery, and build email marketing communication using pre-set templates for different audience segments based on property needs.
- Maintain website CMS and ensure content is up to date and accurate.
- Assist in photo management and file storage in Dropbox in conjunction with property team and corporate marketing to ensure outdated imagery is removed from property library and use.
- Ensure property information is displayed correctly and effectively on local listings, review platforms, and third-party websites.
- Receive and manage marketing project request forms from initiation to completion.
- Support with the day-to-day social media activities including:
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the company's target customers
- Create and curate content to be published
- Monitor, listen, and respond to users in real-time
- Monitor and respond to online reviews on various channels
- Manage the day-to-day graphic design requests including:
- Producing final artwork for different media and different sizes, including digital, email, signage, newspaper, magazine, etc.
- Uploads or delivers creative files to outside production suppliers.
- Illustrates marketing materials in different formats based on brand standards.
- Maintains accurate online files of graphic design materials.
- Other marketing tasks and projects as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Bachelor from a four-year college or university preferred, or minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Hospitality experience a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient with Adobe Suite including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Graphic design knowledge and experience in order to update creative assets upon request.
- Ability to learn new systems and be proficient and productive.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Have a strong sense of urgency in prioritizing and completing tasks while multi-tasking projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand and implement marketing strategies.
- Excellent oral and written communications, presentation, research, and project coordination skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams.
- Ability to work independently, be a resourceful self-starter with eagerness to learn.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.