Job Summary: The Marketing & Public Relations Manager reports to the Development Director. With input from the Development Director s/he is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of CIL’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities both external and internal. He/She will proactively generate ways to advance the public perception of CIL while clearly communicating CIL’s programs and services verbally, visually and through writing across ALL communication channels. The Marketing & Public Relations manager will be the last point of contact with deliverables before they are published/distributed ensuring all formatting, aesthetics and content are in-line with CIL standards and expectations. Additionally, this person will develop relationships with the media and serve as a spokesperson for CIL and/or coordinate relevant spokesperson for media interviews.
The Marketing & Public Relations manager must adhere to all CIL standards and be willing to work nights and weekends as needed. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established as part of the annual performance planning process or as the result of organizational planning.
CIL’s mission, volunteer, involvement, donor acquisition, donor retention and corporate engagement.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify CIL’s stakeholders, create relevant and compelling messaging the audience find valuable, delivering a clear picture of our programs.
- Effectively communicate the impact CIL’s programs and services are making verbally, visually and through writing to all stakeholders.
- Serve as editor for CIL’s website. Create, develop, enhance website and oversee ongoing webpage maintenance; ensure that content is updated regularly and maximize the “Search Engine Optimization.”
- Manage ALL communication channels including, but not limited to the following: email, website, social media, blog and physical collateral. Specifically, with CIL’s events, set up online registration, auto messaging for online receipts/confirmations. Set up Facebook event pages and promote them through social media.
- Ensure CIL brand consistency throughout all internal and external content.
- Analyze and report on the performance of social media and e-mail campaigns.
- Respond to social media inquiries, connect interest with appropriate CIL staff
- Ensure third part websites & contain appropriate up-to-date information about CIL programs & events.
- Take lead in writing content & making sure our Central Florida Foundation profile is updated.
- Work with Development Director & Coordinator to ensure event sponsorship benefits and grant funder requirements are fulfilled as they pertain to recognition.
- Ghost write articles on behalf of CIL/ key employees.
- Prepare press releases, quarterly newsletter, annual report, social media content, marketing materials, video and other relevant materials in support of CIL’s programs, events, and advocacy efforts.
- Produce monthly internal newsletter with feature stories on staff, consumer success stories and upcoming events.
- Create PowerPoint presentations for Disability Sensitivity Training and other training/orientation.
- Serve as the main presenter at expos, community events, etc.
- Develop strategic communications plans to engage media, the public, designated target audiences in order to advance CIL’s mission, volunteer, involvement, donor acquisition, and donor retention. Implement and track the plan.
- Have an expert knowledge and understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act, disability issues and law.
- Cultivate media relationships and develop strong relationships with media representatives in order to maximize media opportunities. Coordinate media interest in CIL and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Stay abreast of daily news and “pitch” stories regularly positioning CIL programs & services as the local experts in disability inclusion, accessibility, and advocacy.
- Manage digital and physical archives of marketing & communication files, including media lists, press clips, collateral, etc.
- Secure media sponsorship and develop communications plans and timelines for core Development events such as Stroll ‘n’ Roll, Gala, RAMPAGE.
- Ensure the development & printing of CIL brochures, rack cards, name badges, business cards, letterhead, envelopes, and any other collateral.
- Be the last point of contact with deliverables before they are published/distributed ensuring all formatting, aesthetics and content are in-line with CIL standards and expectations.
- Be the liaison when dealing with printing/promotional companies, marketing/advertising agencies.
- Manage and assist the development team in maximizing membership potential with the various chambers & associations CIL belongs to.
- Recruit businesses through chamber events and other business-related networking opportunities to participate in CIL monthly tours. Market, invite participants, and host the tours.
- Development team will funnel potential tour prospects to Marketing & Public Relations manager and actively participate in tour when appropriate.
- Develop and execute annually, measurable goals with identified benchmarks
- Commitment to serving people with disabilities.
- Uphold all CIL values of respect, communication, appreciation, honesty, and integrity.
- Shall not gossip, create disharmony, unrest or disquiet, institute rumors, or cause dissension and inefficiency in the CIL.
- Interact with others, both internally and externally in an effective and appropriate manner. Develop relationships inside and/or outside the company that enhance understanding and communication. Accept and act on constructive criticism.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and comply with all safety/health rules and practices.
- Maintain confidentiality of all consumer information.
- Maintain confidentiality of any written or verbal information exchanged unless directed otherwise.
- Report on time when going to and leaving work and meetings. Appropriate use of break and lunch times. Is not absent from work in excess of the number of paid time off days allotted per year.
- Willing and able to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required or directed, to maintain work flow or respond to special requests.
- Serve as backup to the other positions in the agency.
- Conduct presentations/training as needed by the agency.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and training programs to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to changes to programs, new developments, requirements, procedures, and policies, and assist with the training and orientation of new employees as directed.
- Represent CIL at or participate in functions other than specified above.
This position requires demonstrated analytical decision-making skills and project management skills with high attention to detail and the ability to remain on task and delegate. The ideal candidate is someone with a driven, high energy, positive attitude personality with the ability to sell the worthiness of the agency’s cause through belief in the agency’s mission.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe InDesign, WordPress and/or HTML, Google Analytics, Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Ability to create and assemble attractive marketing materials
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Self- starter with a strong work ethic and motivation to succeed
- Ability to engage those in the community to learn more about CIL through one-on-one meetings and tours
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, Board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Experience managing and executing across several communications media
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Strong writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Must be available and willing to work a non-standard workweek, including flexible schedules, evenings, weekends, and out of town travel.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector.
- Bachelors degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Experience working with volunteers is desirable.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; bend, have finger dexterity; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment in the CIL offices is usually quiet but may vary offsite.
Accommodation: Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.