The Marketing & PR Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of marketing and public relations at the corporate level and support of the individual platform functions on a day-to-day basis. The candidate should have strong writing and communications skills, social media marketing experience, in addition to a natural eye for appealing aesthetics to ensure professional brand consistency. Reunion Resort is seeking a highly qualified, motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Sales & Marketing department. Reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing and oversees the Marketing Specialist. Works with creative partner agencies and corporate Team Members to ensure that branding and creative standards in all areas are upheld.
Interacts with designated branding, media, public relations, graphic designers, and print companies as well as sales, golf, food & beverage, and all other revenue-producing areas and the corporate office to ensure that collateral is produced within the agreed-upon budget, to company branding standards and delivered in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage partner agencies on multi-channel media strategy and provide creative direction on projects including paid social media, ad copy, campaigns, newsletters, websites/amplifier sites, photoshoots, traditional media and social media influencers, among other projects.
- Develop and oversee in-house marketing projects including sales & marketing collateral and brochures.
- Ensure marketing materials are current, accurate and properly reflect the brand and desired messaging.
- Develop promotional strategies in tandem with DOSM and marketing agency to drive direct bookings and increase website conversion.
- Develop and coordinate marketing initiatives across marketing channels in partnership with creative agencies.
- Utilize website CMS to regularly audit and update content on resort website and in-room tablets.
- Responsible for the distribution of newsletters.
- Approve resort deliverables before they are published or distributed.
- Create monthly social media plan and manage all organic postings on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Respond to all media requests, and social media messages and comments in public and private view with a sense of urgency.
- Analyze and report on monthly social media follower metrics.
- Strategize with each department to develop and promote special events and holidays to generate revenue.
- Coordinate promotions with media partners.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in the market and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with all vendors to ensure best price and quality of work.
- Expedite special projects as requested within the timeframe required.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from multiple sources on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Canva.
- Proficient with social media platforms Sprout, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok.
- Ability to learn new systems and be proficient and productive.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Have a strong sense of urgency in prioritizing and completing tasks while multi-tasking projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand and implement marketing strategies.
- Excellent oral and written communications, presentation, research, and project coordination skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams.
- Ability to work independently, be a resourceful self-starter with eagerness to learn.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General understanding and background in hospitality is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Public Relations, or a related field of study from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in marketing, advertising, creative development, or related marketing experience.