Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, the world’s leader in aviation and aerospace education, is seeking a Marketing Copywriter to join the Marketing & Communications team that supports our two residential campuses in Florida and Arizona and our online campus.
The Marketing Copywriter will be a versatile writer and editor, comfortable brainstorming, pitching and producing a wide range of promotional copy in various short and long formats. Assignments will range from invitations and programs to email and Web copy, storyboards for videos, brochure copy, fact sheets, tradeshow collateral and general assignment writing. The copywriter will work in partnership with our in-house creative services, strategic initiatives and news teams to produce compelling prose, sometimes under deadline pressure for audiences that range from prospective students to industry partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Content Development: Research, develop and adapt creative concepts for print, multimedia and digital use. Collaborate with designers, videographers and events staff.
- Copywriting: Produce persuasive, accurate copy for promotional projects that reflect our brand and our voice as one university with multiple campuses and unique assets. Incorporate feedback from subject matter experts and teammates.
- Research: Conduct research using university resources and external sources, such as data from the aerospace and aviation industries. Interview faculty experts and students on aviation/aerospace research and projects.
- Management: Work with clients to determine objectives, requirements, resources and schedules for assignments. Meet deadlines while managing multiple campaigns simultaneously.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to perform each essential duty described above and will be able to consistently:
- Write clear, vivid copy in a variety of styles with accurate spelling, grammar and brand consistency.
- Use Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Perform higher education and industry research, including subject matter expert interviews.
- Communicate effectively with senior leadership, teammates and clients.
- Generate creative solutions under deadline pressures and budget constraints.
- Manage multiple projects, from concept through delivery.
- Proofread and edit according to AP Style, our style guide and brand standards.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiarity with the enrollment process in higher education is a plus, as is experience as a copywriter in an agency setting.
To apply, visit careers.erau.edu.