Interested in learning many different facets of marketing and communications, while working as part of a high-performing team? The UCF College of Arts and Humanities is looking for an early-career writer/social media coordinator to assist in promoting our students' academic accomplishments, faculty successes and many events.
General Responsibility: This position works within a team to increase the visibility of the College of Arts and Humanities and School of Performing Arts by creating, managing, and distributing compelling, timely, and accurate editorial content.
This is an entry-level position. Excellent writing ability is essential; we can teach a highly-motivated, organized, curious person how to use the necessary tools. The team moves at a fast pace and produces a lot of content; the person who will thrive in this job enjoys a diverse set of duties, learning new skills, and multi-tasking.
- Schedule and create news articles, visual media, and other digital content for units within the College of Arts and Humanities
- Use Sprout Social for social media posting and engagement (platforms include Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook)
- Design, schedule and send email newsletters (Mailchimp)
- Update website using WordPress content management system
- Schedule and administer paid digital advertising
- Facilitate promotions of music summer camps
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in writing, ad/pr, journalism or related discipline preferred
- Strong writing skills with experience using AP style
- Organized, motivated to learn, and curious
- Experience managing social media for brands using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
- Experience using WordPress
- Applications: Design tools (ie. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Canva); Video editors (ie. iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Spark)
- Education, experience with, or passion for the arts or humanities
Supervision Received: Direct report to the College of Arts and Humanities Director of Marketing and Communications.
This is a full-time, in-person position. While UCF currently offers limited remote options for employees who have been with the university for more than six months, this is not guaranteed to continue. Applicants should plan on working Monday-Friday on the UCF campus.
Required Materials: Applicants must submit resume, cover letter, link to writing and/or social media samples, and names and contact information for three current or past supervisors.
Special Instructions: If you are selected as the final candidate for an employment opportunity at UCF, your salary will be significantly based upon the information that you have provided in your application for employment. We urge you to please take the time to complete the application in its entirety.
Salary: $36,841 to negotiable
Apply at https://jobs.ucf.edu/en-us/job/502225/marketing-coordinator-i by May 12, 2022 at 11:55 p.m.