AGENCY DESCRIPTION: The Florida Department of Citrus is a marketing and research agency utilizing progressive insights to maximize demand for Florida citrus through a fully integrated marketing and public relations program. Based in Central Florida (Bartow), FDOC is responsible for domestic and international marketing, research and regulation of the $6.8 billion Florida citrus industry.
DESCRIPTION: The Florida Department of Citrus seeks an ambitious individual to join the innovative and skillful global marketing team at the Florida Department of Citrus. This position works directly with the Director of Global Marketing to provide support for domestic marketing programs aimed at increasing awareness and driving sales of Florida citrus products. The ideal candidate is looking for an excellent opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of marketing for a global brand, with responsibilities in e-Commerce, retail/shopper marketing, social media, influencer partnerships, paid/digital advertising, performance marketing, content creation and brand development/management. This position coordinates all retail marketing and public relations programs in Canada with FDOC agency of record in country.
The Marketing Coordinator must be an individual driven to expand core knowledge and for whom every task is an opportunity to learn in a goal-forward environment. This position is the perfect fit for someone who controls deadlines while juggling multiple projects of priority.
Generous State Benefits:
- Health/Dental/Life Insurance
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Salary range: $35,000 - $50,000
- Assist with planning, development, and execution of marketing and public relations programs in collaboration with Global Marketing Director and the U.S. agency of record. Programs include but are not limited to e-Commerce, retail/shopper marketing, social media, influencer partnerships, digital/paid advertising, performance marketing, content creation and brand development/management.
- Assist with managing relationships with agency partners and/or external vendors to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marketing programs.
- Create, proofread, and edit copy for various marketing channels, ensuring consistent voice,
- Create graphic designs and/or video elements for use in public relations materials and FDOC-owned digital platforms including websites and social media channels.
- Assist with developing and managing content and social media marketing programs, including blogs and public relations efforts.
- Assist with evaluating and monitoring program/campaign performance on an ongoing basis by analyzing key metrics and creating comprehensive reports as needed.
- Assist in the development of Brand Guidelines and materials. Assist with video/photo shoots and content creation and ensure brand standards are met.
- Manage the development and implementation of retail and public relations programs in the Canadian market in conjunction with the agency of record.
- Coordinate industry and consumer events and tradeshow participation as needed, including managing logistics and vendors, creating programs/itineraries, and ordering marketing collateral.
- Participate in strategic planning and contribute thoughts and perspective where appropriate.
- Manage various industry programs and execution, as directed.
- Manage contracts and budgets.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, marketing, communications, or a related field.
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in marketing or related area.
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
- Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing.
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical skills to analyze metrics and create reports.
- Must have a high level of creativity.
- Demonstrated ability to process and incorporate feedback.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- This position is based at the FDOC office in Bartow, FL. This is not a Remote/Work from Home position.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Physically able to lift a 4/5 bushel carton of Fresh Florida Citrus (50 lbs.).
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) or similar design software
- Experience with a Consumer Product Group (CPG), especially food or beverage-related.
VETERAN RECRUITMENT STATEMENT: The Florida Department of Citrus values the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and supports the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES RECRUITMENT STATEMENT: The Florida Department of Citrus values and supports the employment of Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website at http://www.sss.gov.
- If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS) please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida.
- The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Nearest Major Market: Lakeland