To coordinate and lead marketing and communications initiatives for Heart of Florida United Way. The primary role of this position is to raise the local and national profile of HFUW. This position is expected to cultivate, draft and edit content (marketing copy, social media content, blog posts, newsletter stories, client testimonials, event scripts, bylined articles, web copy, etc) to be used in a variety of communication channels and execute on the marketing strategy in place. This position will serve as a writer and editor on the HFUW Marketing and Communications staff; manage social media content and accounts for HFUW; execute e-marketing strategy; assist in identifying and interviewing potential testimonials; manage implementation of strategic marketing initiatives and contribute to all aspects of project management and events for the Marketing and Communications team as needed, while supporting efforts of the entire Donor & Volunteer Engagement Department.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
- Cultivate strategy and manage day-to-day maintenance of all HFUW social media accounts including but not limited to Blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Manage Google AdWords campaigns to drive traffic to the website.
- Responsible for monitoring web content and keeping HFUW website content current and compelling.
- Maintain digital files for reference data, information, and articles.
- Work with Marketing/Communications team to connect tactics engaging audiences across all communication channels.
- Work with external partners in executing coordinated social media campaigns.
- Assist in all aspects of social media, event planning and execution and other marketing projects as needed.
- Assist in the development and production of multimedia content.
- Assist with developing and nurturing relationships with key influencers in the community and cross-departmental relationships within the organization.
- Remain knowledgeable regarding industry trends, best practices and techniques.
- Possess a proactive mentality to take initiative on projects and identify additional opportunities.
Content Development & Writing
- Create content for digital and traditional marketing channels.
- Write and edit content including but not limited to marketing and ad copy, e-blasts, bylined/feature articles, blog posts, success stories, newsletters, special correspondence/letters, web copy, video scripts, PSAs and other copy as needed.
- Cultivate success stories/client testimonials through internal and external interviews and research.
- Develop an annual editorial calendar in collaboration with others to determine the direction of content for all communication channels.
- Write speeches for President/CEO, Campaign Chair, Board Chair and various members of Board of Directors and senior staff and volunteers as assigned.
- Responsible for drafting, editing, and layout of HFUW newsletter and blogs.
Strategy & Analytics
- Provide strategic insight and planning on online and traditional content.
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate marketing results on regular basis.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
- Participate in brainstorming and planning sessions.
- Conduct research to support communications planning.
- Maintain a detailed reporting system of marketing metrics and ROI indicating trends, traffic, demographics and outcomes of online activity.
- Continually evaluate opportunities to connect HFUW work to national, state and local issues.
Physical demands include sitting or standing for extended periods of time, bending, occasional lifting of items weighing up to approximately 25 pounds, regularly moving throughout the building between floors, traveling to outside meetings, regular use of standard office equipment such as the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration. Reliable transportation is required. Job involves frequent interactions with internal and external customers, and routinely intense public contact.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, English, public relations, communications or equivalent required.
- Exhibit excellence in grammar and edit in accordance with AP Style.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience, with a majority of experience in writing and editing.
- Must have thorough knowledge of social media platforms and their application as a marketing and communications tool and experience managing a social media campaign with proven analytics.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills in meeting deadlines required.
- Excellent verbal communication and interviewing skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required. Desktop publishing skills a plus.
- Must have good people skills and customer service mentality to be able to interact with a variety of individuals/departments/organizations.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills. Must have demonstrated writing for various channels and audiences (speech, marketing, ad, and feature writing experience).
- Preference Spanish speaking
- Preference experience in digital marketing and/or videography
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification; is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties. You may be required to perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor or management. You will be evaluated in part based on your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Employees moving into this position work on a ninety (90) day introductory basis after assuming these responsibilities.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
- Passion Dive in- Create enthusiasm and inspire others.
- Authenticity Be Real- Keep it honest and set the example.
- Collaboration Live United- Work together and mobilize for change.
- Empowerment Own it- Be courageous and make it happen.