At AAA National we value input, strive for inclusion, and leverage diversity to create a strong and successful business. We were founded in 1902, however, our commitment to our members, association, associates, community and country are stronger than ever. We are seeking top talent to achieve our goal of creating AAA members for life. Interested? We’d love to hear from you. Please click “apply” to submit your resume.Summary
Manages Public Relations programs and activities on behalf of AAA National Office to include but not limited to Automotive and Strategic Partnerships, to generate national media visibility and assist AAA clubs in achieving local media coverage. Develops and implements comprehensive communications strategies and toolkits, including news releases, social media content, fact sheets, videos and graphics. Serves as contact for national media and spokesperson for Association, as needed. On-camera experience required. Supports Public Relations team as a copy editor/proofreader for various media toolkits, including research reports.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates and consults with AAA associates to create and implement innovative PR strategies that generate media visibility for AAA’s expertise on automotive, strategic partnerships and other business lines as assigned.
- Works with internal teams to develop public relations calendars, news releases, social media content, video, talking points, media responses and internal correspondence.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with national media contacts; handles incoming media inquiries and prepares subject matter experts for media interviews. As appropriate, serves as a spokesperson to the national media across all mediums.
- Serves as a copy editor and proofreader for various media toolkits, including research reports.
- Maintains regular contact with club PR staff and provides counsel, strategy, and subject matter expertise in the area of media relations.
- Performs any and all duties assigned by the supervisor
- A dynamic self-starter who enjoys working collaboratively to develop new and creative story ideas and strategically pitch them to the media.
- Experience writing communication plans, news releases, talking points and media pitches.
- Strong experience in proofreading, copy editing.
- Experience as spokesperson or with on-camera interviews, both live and taped.
- Strong project management skills.
- Effective presentation/persuasion skills.
- Corporate communications experience preferred.
- Experience leading cross-departmental teams preferred.
- Experience working with remote employees, including supervisor, and teams.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, or related field and a minimum of five (5) years' experience in public relations or corporate communications.