Wyndham Destinations is currently seeking a Manager, Corporate Communications to join the dynamic, strategic Corporate Communications department. This team is responsible for effectively planning and executing communications for new programs and initiatives internally to employees of Wyndham Destinations, as well as providing strategic support for ongoing business priorities. This person will report directly to the Director, Corporate Communications.
The selected candidate will develop, manage and execute overall internal engagement strategy, primarily for the RCI Exchanges (RCI) business, and in support of company operations led by our Senior Leadership Team. This individual will manage critical projects and serve as the key point of contact and communications liaison for senior RCI leaders such as the President, Senior Leadership Team, Managing Directors and key operations executives. The individual will serve as a communications partner and consultant for key business partners, driving the development of strategic communication plans that logically tie to impactful strategic business priorities while in support of our operational teams and brand partners. The ideal candidate must have expertise in developing effective marketing communications and in supporting multiple senior level executives. This role will effectively represent the voice of senior leader executives and must be able work in concert with these leaders to ensure consistency of message.
This person must be able to develop and maintain a strong network of relationships and internal news sources from functions/departments associated with the role and will work with business partners on best practices for communicating information within and across departments. This role serves as a liaison between the Corporate Communications Department, internal business partners and approving partners, including Legal and senior leaders, and must be able to leverage relationships to successfully operationalize communication strategies in alignment with business objectives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and Execute Communications Strategy - Manages daily and long-term execution of comprehensive corporate communications initiatives in support of key RCI and Wyndham Destinations divisions such as HR, IT, Hospitality, etc. Manages critical projects and serves as the key point of contact and communications liaison for respective SLT members of key divisions. Supports and executes as appropriate all executive communications for these leaders, in concert with the Director, Corporate Communications.
- Works directly with various business partners to provide creative thought-leadership and inspiring, effective messages to fully engage marketing teams and initiatives. Plans an implements communications initiatives and builds relationships across the business. Supports business partners through communications counsel and development of announcements, campaigns, email, speeches, presentations, social media and other communication deliverables as assigned. Ensures communications are representative of leader’s voice.
- Liaises regularly with department teammates and business functions to drive successful execution of communications plans and activities. Maintains proactive, results-driven, engaging support of leaders and their respective business strategies. Builds strong network, relationships and internal news sources from functions/departments across the organization.
- Consistently champions business partner successes at every opportunity. Contributes and supports story development, copywriting, editing, publication and delivery of all internal business communications target audiences. Ensures divisional voice and goals are represented in global communications planning and execution.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required in communications, marketing or related area of study.
Knowledge and skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills required
- Solid understanding of organizational communications and its impact on a business with experience in developing proactive and reactive corporate communications campaigns to include internal, external, and community relations initiatives
- Superb communications skills and talent to tailor messages to specific constituencies
- Executive presence and the ability to represent the company in any circumstances
- Ability to respond to rapidly changing conditions with agility and imagination, capitalizing on opportunities
- 5 - 7 years of professional communications experience preferred in a corporate communications environment, and hospitality-related company
- History of responding to evolving conditions with agility and thought leadership, capitalizing upon opportunities
- Effective leadership of high-performing individuals and teams
- Ability to utilize AP Writing Style
- Experience in developing and executing strategic communications plans
- Interpersonal and communication skills resulting in ability to tailor messages to specific audiences
- Proven track record as a strategist and accomplished implementer in challenging situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs as well as in social media channels and applications.
- 5+ years of related communications management experience
- Experience in marketing communications strongly preferred
- Hospitality services industry experience desirable