Wellons Communications, a dynamic, independent PR and social media firm, is looking for a Junior Account Coordinator to join our Orlando team. We represent clients in a variety of industries, from attractions, hospitality and restaurants to consumer products and technology.
This is a part-time position, ranging from 14 to 20 hours/week pending agency needs. This position would work from our office two days a week with a third (if needed) hybrid. This position could also be structured as a paid internship.
The successful candidate must be comfortable pitching media, including making extensive phone calls to news desks and newsrooms. He or she must be detail oriented and have the ability to maintain important media lists. Media experience, including work for college news platforms, is a plus.
If that’s you, send your resume and cover letter to Lauren Sedam at email@example.com.
What you’ll do
- Pitch media, from bloggers to journalists, and coordinate opportunities
- Load press releases and distribute to media
- Track client hits and keep media charts updated
- Assist with content, from marketing collateral and eblasts to social media posts and press releases
- Communicate with clients via email and calls
- Contribute to client reports
What we’re looking for
- Prior agency or journalism experience, including internships, is preferred
- Willingness to pitch reporters and bloggers via phone and email
- Strong attention to detail and ability to hit deadlines
- Ability to think quickly and understand storylines
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Strong writing and communication skills for everything from emails to pitches
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of social media platforms
- Knowledge of Cision is a plus
- A team player
- Willingness to take direction and learn
What we offer
- The chance to get hands-on media pitching experience
- Direct communications with media team and agency leadership
- Part-time pay, plus internship credit if desired
- Opportunity to experience media events
- Opportunity for advancement