Internal Communications Manager
Disney Signature Experiences
Job ID: 652694BR
Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States
Business: Parks, Experiences and Products
Date posted: Jul. 22, 2019
The Internal Communications Manager is part of the team that drives our approach to connecting with Disney Signature Experiences (DSE) Cast and Crew in Florida, California, Hawaii and on our ships. This individual works closely with clients to develop programs and messaging for internal campaigns. The Manager’s skill set should include strong writing, creativity, and the ability to simplify and communicate about complex issues. This individual is innovative and thinks outside of the box to develop new ways to connect with Cast and Crew, and integrates a mix of old and new communications methods to make campaigns successful, such as emails, posters, virtual town halls and pulse surveys. Personal skills include the ability to adapt in a fast-paced and changing environment, work well solo or with teams, and to learn and adjust to keep our work fresh and relevant year after year.
The Internal Communications Manager reports to the Manager of Internal Communications and assists in the preparation and delivery of integrated communications for Disney Vacation Club, Adventures by Disney and Disney Cruise Line.
- Develop and implement comprehensive employee communication strategies that inform, engage and motivate Cast and Crew. This includes storytelling, event management and operational communication.
- Serve as communicator and strategic partner for DSE business clients and operational teams, building effective relationships and identifying integration opportunities.
- Oversee creation of high-quality editorial content, including managing video/photo shoots and partnering with PR to share stories and about our unique businesses and the people behind the magic of Disney.
- Explore new ways to communicate with our Cast and Crew, leveraging content across platforms whenever possible.
- Develop a DSE internal web page with links to DVC, DCL and AbD sites.
- Craft communications strategies and manage issues to enhance and promote the reputation of DSE.
- Write for internal communications vehicles: The HUB, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) segment/enterprise publications (Eyes & Ears, Disneyland Resort Line, Newsreel), site-specific intranets, email communications, etc.
- Support Global Disney Parks, Experiences and Products and Enterprise campaigns by developing site tactics and handling confidential information.
- Maintain awareness of company, industry and overall business issues, goals, trends and challenges.
- Oversee sustainment of digital signage for DVC CastTV; manage editorial calendar; design and update digital content.
- Minimum 5-7 years of corporate communications experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; high level of attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Associated Press style guidelines. Strong copyediting and proofing skills are required.
- Skilled in working with all employee communications apps and platforms (e.g. Keynote and/or PowerPoint, Word Press, collaboration tools, blogs, video, photography, etc.).
- Previous experience working with timeshare or cruise line businesses.
Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or Communications.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.