The Industry Relations Specialist reports to the Director of Industry Relations and is responsible for statewide dairy industry and agriculture image communications. Qualified applicants must have at least four years of experience in corporate communications, marketing and/or media relations and show proficiency in managing multiple initiatives and meeting deadlines in a team-oriented environment. Bachelor-level degree in Public Relations, Journalism or a related field is required.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Promote and protect the image of dairy and dairy farmers to Florida consumers.
- Manage and implement proactive and reactive media relations activities for FDF producers and the dairy industry.
- Asist in the creation and production of quarterly FDF newsletters, social media content and videos.
- Promote the value of the organization’s actions to all FDF members.
- Act as a liaison between Florida dairy producers and a variety of educational and agricultural organizations.
- Provide support and input on issues relating to digital and social media, including web content development.
- Provide support to FDF’s Crisis Preparedness Team, including farmer crisis training, messaging and media relations.
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Tracey Lager at email@example.com . Please put “Industry Relations Specialist” in the subject line of the e-mail.